Chapter 20

Third pov

Willow could easily be seen as scary from anothers perspective.

And dor a good reason, only a fool would say that all the stories about her kind are good.

But even disregarding those stories, her very much dragon-like actions could be enough to put younglings on guard.

Theoden highly doubted she or her companions realized that she did it.

Whenever a sound approached and she'd snap her head in the direction and stare with a fierce look.

Her eyes changing into slits in middle of conversation.

Her murderous glare when someone undermined her efforts or questioned her precense on the battlefield.

Her dragon and her moving as if they were one and the same, ready to light the world on fire at any moment.

And yet  somehow the girl, last of her kind had been sweeped of her feet by the heir of Gondor.

Though he had to wonder just how far that went.

************************************************

Eowyn felt jealous.

There was just no way around it. No way to help it.

The Lady Rider was everything she'd always wanted to be.

Though she'd be a fool to say people hadn't protested about her fighting, but she'd gone anyway. She'd fought. And she had come back.

And she was jealous.

She wanted that too. She wanted love and she wanted to fight for what she believe in.

***************************************

Willow rested her head on Aragorns shoulder as they sat with their backs leaning against Rhayna.

"Do you think Frodo and Sam are okay?"

He made a low humming noise. "I think they are."

Willow sighed after a while as the sky was starting to darken. "It's time we start going back, isn't it?"

Aragorn chuckled. "It is." He kissed her forehead.

Rhayna was content to stay outside while they went back.

Time skip

"Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country.Hail the victorious dead"

"Hail."

Willow raised her mugg along with the others. All the people that died in her mind. The ones that died for Helm's Deep and their families, and Boromir who died for them, for Pippin and Merry and the rest of them.

And for her sister that died so long ago.

She was approached by Eowyn and was given a cup to drink from. She didn't entierly ubderstand why until Aragorn explained later.

Afterwards she ended up watching Merry and Pippin dance and sing, with a smile on her lips.

Gandalf watched as well with Aragorn at his side.

"No news of Frodo."

"No word. Nothing."

"We have time. Every day Frodo moves closer to Mordor." Aragorn answered.

"Do we know that?" Gandalf wasn't entierly certain. At least not as much.

"What does your heart tell you?"

The old wizard let the memories of all the time he'd met and gotten to know Frodo and Sam when he visited Bilbo play through his mind. He wanted to have faith. He wanted to belive all was not lost. He had to believe.

"That Frodo is alive. Yes. Yes, he's alove"

It was a good enough reply for Aragorn as they watched the two hobbits break into more singing. Although Gandalf saw the mans eyes o to where his granddaughter stood.

He had to admit they were good for each other. But he was still a grandfather and he had a right to be worried. "Be good to her."

The ranger beside him was quiet for a moment as his and Willow's eyes met. "I will."

Time skip

A great deal later after Gandalf and the hobbits had gone to bed and Willow had watched Legolas drink Gimli under the table, she was watching the stars with Legolas when Aragorn joined them.

"The stars are veiled. Something stirs in the east. A sleepless malice. The Eye of the enemy is moving."

Willow said nothing as they continued watching the starry night sky. She could see that Rhayna had moved closer to the port.

It was strangely enough Willow that felt it first even if Legolas was first to say anything. "He's here."

The three of them rushed to the room where Gandalf slept, knowing he had the eye Pippin had found.

Willow didn't think when she saw the youngest hobbit holding the palantir and she grabbed it.

The surge of evil and the terrefying feeling of something trying to break into her mind filled her, only to disappear when when her vision blackened and she fell.

The palantir rolled away and Legolas, having been closest caught her before she hit her head on the floor.

Willow tried desperately to pull herself together but the sudden attack on her mind had been so unexpected, and- oh lord why had it hurt so?

"Willow, relax." The words were quiet and honestly more of a command then a suggestion. Yet they somehow helped and she felt and saw her vision returning.

"What in the world was that?" Her voice sounded scratchy as she asked.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)