Chapter 19

Third pov

It took a few weeks to reach Isengard and when they did they were met with the sight of Merry and Pipping feasting and smoking.

Willow felt a smile break out on her face. "They're okay."

Gandalf looked a lot less happier than her as they got closer. Mumbling something about hobbits.

Merry saw them first and stood up. "Welcome, my lords and lady, to Isengard."

The landscape behind them looked like a battlefield, which was exactly what it had been. When the trees fought back.

"You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and-and smoking!" Gimli sounded like he was trying to be angry, or at least upset and failing miserably at it.

The two hibbits smiled. "We are standing upon a field of victory enjoying a few well earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good."

You could see Gimli look tempted to get some. "Salted pork?"

"We're under orders from Treebeard who's taken over management of Isengard."

They led their horses to the giant tree that talked to Gandalf.

While they talked Willow searched for Rhayna's precense in her mind. She didn't have to look far.

"Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine. We've reached Isengard and everything is calm. I think we're leaving soon for Rohan."

During their travels Willow had learned more of what a Dragon Rider can do, and how to do it with minor difficulties.

Most of it was relatively easy for her. Like some easy magic, telepathy, knowing locations and sharing memories.

There was some things that was a lot harder and she didn't feel like she had the time to try them or a safer environment to try them in. So she decided to not try them until later.

While Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf and Gimli didn't Willow's way of checking in on Rhayna, it creeped some of the riders of Rhoan out. They weren't used to the woman being on the front line making decisions and the dragon she had backing her up made her all the more terrifying to the younglings.

So it really wasn't a surprise the vacant look in her eyes whenever she talked with Rhayna made them unsure how to react.

Not that she was aware of it.

From what Willow knew she just lost some of her focus on surroundings for a few seconds. Which, when she thought about it, might be one of the reasons the others kept close watch over her.

Time skip

Rohan wasn't what Willow expected. To be fair, she wasn't sure what she expected. But it wasn't really what she was met with.

She was given a room she could change inside of and she was grateful for the privacy.

Looking in the mirror she could see how her body had changed.

She was fit after all walking, running and fighting and she was far from as pale as she used to be. Silver and pinkish scars could be seen in a few places and her shoulder seemed to finally have gained the skin she'd lost when the Shadow Rider stabbed her.

Her hair had thick white locks with a few locks of brown instead of the all brown she used to have.

Somehow though, what felt like it changed the most, was her eyes. She had gotten used to the silver staring back at her, but now they looked so old. Old and filled with secrets and knowledge. They looked older in a way.

She dressed in a dress that she'd been given. A big change to her usual clothes but at the moment a welcome one. The last time she'd worn a dress was back in Rivendell.

She let her hair hang loose and decided that this was good enough and went to look for the others.

Willow couldn't say she was mad at people for moving out of her way. Especially not since part of the reason was respect, but she didn't like that some were obviously afraid of her.

Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli stood together when she found them.

"Aragorn."

The man turned to see Willow come walking and felt like he'd gotten his breath knocked out of him.

The dwarf and Elf shared a look and Legolas decided to say something. "That is a beautiful dress on you."

Willow smiled. "It really is, isn't it? They gave it to me so i had something more than pants and shirts." She really did appreciate it, and they had offered to clean and repair her old clothes. Something she'd gladly accepted.

Aragorn felt the last of the tension in his body bleed out as she stood beside him, close enough for him to wrap one of his arms around her waist and kiss the top of her head.

Their two friends were happy to see them together and made excuses to give them some time alone until the feast later that night.

"How is your shoulder?"

Willow sighed. "Sore, but it's getting better. I can move it quite well now." She moved it to show that it wasn't as difficult anymore.

The man beside her smiled. "Good." He didn't say how worried he'd been when he saw her hurt. He didn't need to.

They stood behind a few buldings, close to the stables so no one other then them saw Rhayna land outside of Rohan's walls.

Willow stepped towards the gate, Aragorn following as the two walked towards the white beast watching them in the distance.

Rhayna moved her head closer to the human male wearing her shell around his neck and let out a puff of warm air.

Willow smiled as Aragorn looked unsure of what to do. She took his hand and placed it on Rhayna's muzzle. "She won't bite."

He could see the twitch of a teasing grin show itself on her face as he felt the warm dragon skin under his hand.

With a quick move he grabbed her hand and pulled her to him. His grip was strong but not enough to hurt as he nipped the skin on her healthy shoulder. "Careful, i might."

Willow giggled and tried to get away, but she only ended up turning around in his arms and facing him instead. She moved as if to kiss him, when she felt his grip relaxed she pecked his cheek before ducking out of his reach.

Aragorn chuckled and and turned to her, his grey eyes meeting her silver ones.

She was still smiling. "Catch me~"

The two darted around on the field around Rhayna, laughing as Aragorn finally caught her. "I got you."

Willow chuckled. "Indeed you did." She presssed a kiss to his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, Melamin. I love you too."

The two stood there content in each others embrace and the world and Sauron felt so very far away.

I'm thinking about adding a bit on how others see Willow and Aragorn. Would that be interesting?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)