Chapter 23

Third pov

Aragorn and Willow sat together when they saw the beacons of Minas Tirith light up. Him smoking and her eating a piece of freshly baked bread.

Willow had been explained to what it meant earlier, so when she saw it she was quick to nudge Aragorn to get him to look.

When Aragorn started running for the Golden Hall Willow had to do her best to keep up with him.

The two burst into the hall attracting everyone's attention. "The beacons of
Minas Tirith! The beacons are lit!"

"Gondor calls for aid." Willow looked directly at Theoden when she said it.

For a moment he was quiet, then. "And Rohan will answer. Muster the Rohirrim."

The guards were quick to follow the orders from their king.

*****************************

Willow dressed in her battle clothes and braided her hair before making her way outside.

Everyone was doing something to prepare for the coming war and she could feel the underlying adrenaline mixed tension. It wasn't that long since the battle for Helm's Deep and the losses still weighed on many minds.

"Lady Willow, King Theoden wishes to speak with you." One of the younger guards told her.

She nodded and headed over to where she could see him standing.

"You wanted to speak with me?"

Theosen nodded. "Would it be possible for you to watch the skies as we ride? There is no guarantee that we won't see obstacles in our path."

Flashes of the dead rider she'd fought flew through her mind.

"I'll watch from the skies. I cannot promise anything regarding threats from the ground, but you will not need to fear anything airborn." She promised.

"You have my thanks. Lord Aragorn have found a brave woman in you."

Willow shook her head. "I'm not brave. But i don't want people to die, so I'll do what i have to do to prevent that. I have too much to lose not to." She could see Rhayna on the field looking restless, and she excused herself to go to her dragon.

Third pov

The camp that the warriors of Rohan had put up was actually quite impressive, Willow thought as she and Rhayna touched ground.

There was a few solidiers that were quick to welcome her. Most called her Lady Willow or Lady Rider. The talk about her had already spread far.

She let Rhayna hunt on her own, knowing that she needed food. She herself went to look for her friends.

She found Aragorn first just as Theoden went in another direction.

The two of them stood shoulder to shoulder and looked down on the soldiers. "Six thousand won't be enough." Aragorn said with a tired voice.

"You have a dragon walking with you. Don't forget that." Willow said seriously. "If i can have faith in this, so can you."

He smiled softly and kissed her forehead.

The two of them couldn't see Eowyn as she slowly backed away, something looking like heartbreak in her eyes.

HEY GUYS! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)