Chapter 27 Peace

Third pov

Willow woke in a bright room, on a comfortable bed with a hand in hers. A hand she saw belonged to Aragorn.

He looks so peaceful that she doesn't want to wake him, but the faint headache and the sandpaper feeling in her throat demands water.

"A-ara-gorn?" Talking hurts and a crow sounds better than she does at the moment. For good messure she squeezes his hand. More than that isn't needed, for his eyes open immediately.

No matter what he can't hide the worry in his eyes or on his face. Not that he sees the point in it. "Are you in pain?" She's been bedridden for as long as Frodo at this point and he can't help but want her to be at least comfortable.

She tries speaking but it ends up in a coughing fit.

He helps her up and holds her glass of water for her.

Willow couldn't remember ever being so happy about water before.

Though her body is still weak and Aragorn helps her lay down, one hand gently playing with her hair as he told her of everything that happened after she went down.

"I love you." Her voice is still croaky as she is slowly falling back asleep.

She feels him kiss her forhead. "I love you too, darling. I love you too."

Time skip

It takes another two weeks before Frodo wakes up and it's a happy reunion. And Willow feels peace as she stands with her family, everyone happy to see Frodo awake and well.

Time skip

The Fellowship gathered one last time for Aragorn's coronation.

And they kneeled for the brave hobbits that did everything to save the world.

Then, The Fellowship of The Ring, eternally bound by love, friendship and loyalty, was ended and the fourth age of Middle-earth began.

The next four years was spent building up everything destroyed in the war and establishing proper communication between kingdoms.

Willow and Aragorn got married. A marriage that would come to last a long time.

Four years after she came to see the last ship leaving Middle-earth along with her grandfather, Frodo, Bilbo and the three elves carrying the rings of their race.

She hugged the hobbits close, telling them they're the bravest she's ever know and she lets Frodo join Bilbo.

Then she hugs her grandfather tightly. "I will miss you." Her eyes fill with tears and her throat feels thick as he hugs her back.

"And i will miss you, my brave, brave Willow. I am so proud of you, don't forget that."

And they part.

Willow sees the remaining three hobbits home before returning to Gondor and Aragorn.

Twenty years after they married they had their first child. A silver eyed daughter they named Rose.

After Rose came their son, Boromir II and after him came twins, them too carrying their mothers silver eyes.

For years the family lived happy until Aragorn decided to step down.

Willow cried and pleaded with him but his mind was set and her heart broke as he died.

During his funeral they were met with Gimli and Legolas, their two remaining friends that could travel anywhere.

A year after the funeral the heartache became too much and Willow told her children goodbye before she and Rhayna left for Rivendell, the place Willow first met her beloved dragon and the love of her life.

Years later the empty husk of a dragon and the ever unchanging body of Willow The Dragon Rider was found and given a proper funeral.

Not that it mattered to Willow for she had already been reunited with Aragorn and Rhayna once more.

)Short piece of when she was found(

The men that set out from Gondor to see the place where their grandfather grew up and met their grandmother looked around in awe. Imladris had been abandoned for many years but it was still as beautiful as ever.

They were mindful not to destroy anything as they looked around.

Until they came to a garden where a big, white and shimmering body could be seen.

One of the young men froze before realizing it wasn't breathing and he calmed himself, daring to move closer.

The dragon looked empty in a weird way, as if there was nothing to fill it.

Then he saw her, and older woman resting against it's side. Had it not been for the obvious lack of pulse when he checked he would've thought her just sleeping.

He'd heard many stories of his grandmother over the years and there was no denying it. He had found her.

And he had a feeling she had found peace.

Their bodies were handled with great respect as they were brought back to Gondor.

Back in Gondor the necklace given to Aragorn so long ago had fallen to pieces long ago. But it didn't matter anyways.

Please vote and comment, i really want to know what you think of this last chapter :)