Chapter 6

Third pov

Frodo fell beside Willow as he was hit by the spear.

The troll fell and the fellowship went to their two fallen members.

Aragorn crawled over to them. "Oh no..." He moved Frodo onto his back only to see him breathing.

Sam went over to Frodo's side. "He's alive."

A groan came from Willow as she lifted her head. Aragorn went over to her, helping her sit up. "You two are amazing. The force of those attacks should have killed you."

Gandalf's relief was clear as he smiled. "I think there is more to these two than meets the eye."

Frodo opened some of his shirt to show mithril armor. Willow moved her cloak, showing the dragon scales that had saved her from death.

"Mithril and dragon scales." Gimli chuckled. "You two are full of surprises Master Baggins and Miss Rider."

The sound of more orcs approaching came from the doorway.

"To the bridge of Khaza-Dum."

Time skip

Air burned in their lungs as they ran. Willow didn't even have time to be proud of Rhayna as she flew alongside them.

All too soon they were surrounded. The thought of how ugle these things are passed through Willow's head as she looked around.

Suddenly they scattered, running back to the dark and climbing up the pillars as the entrance in one end of the hall filled with light.

Instinctively Willow knew it was fire. She could feel it.

"Run!"

Once again they were running for their lives.

They reached long winding stairs and Willow helped the four hobbits down them, narrowly avoiding an arrow hitting her.

The stairs broke, parts falling down and creating an empty space. Willow felt sweat running down her face as she tried her best to shield them from arrows, while they jumped over.

"Willow!"

Just as she was about to jump, the stairs started to sway. Instead of landing on the stairs her hands grabbed on stone while her legs dangled in the air.

Strong hands gripped hers and pulled her up to the relative safety of the stairs again. "Boromir." Her voice was low but she guessed he heard her because his expression softened before he turned to catch Aragorn.

Willow felt nothing but a jumbled mess of feelings as they ran again. However one thing stood out.

She was terrified of how this would end.

Willow pov

My lungs. It feels like they're burning.

"Over the bridge!"

The feeling of living fire chasing us intensified as we crossed the bridge, heavy footsteps following us.

A vague memory of grandpa saying something about a Balrog presses to the front of my mind. I never want to see a Balrog again.

"You cannot pass!" I hear granpa shout at it and i skid to a stop beside Aragorn. Is he going to fight the demon?

"Gandalf!"

The demon seems to grow even bigger as it stares him down. "I'm a servant of the secret Fire, weilder of the Flame on Anor. The dark fire will not avail you flame of Udun!"