Chapter 12

Third pov

Helm's Deep covered in fear for the dragon that landed on its walls.
The young woman that got of its back walked in a way that demanded respwct and her gaze were like steel. The sword on her hip made the image of a warrior perfect as she descended the stairs to where Theoden and his men stood.

"I protected you on the way here, now i want my explanation to how all this came to be." She made sure for her voice to sound hard. It wouldn't do for these people seeing her as weak.

Theoden nodded. He told her about Sauron and Sauroman and the possible coming attack. Leaving out everything that could make him look bad, Willow figured as she saw the look on Gimli's face.

Afterwards Theoden glanced at Rhayna. "Is it needed for it to be here?"

After Rivendell every person she had met continued to be suspicious and wary of her and Rhayna. And after the stress of having been stabbed and losing the man she loved her patience was stretched thin. "Rhayna is staying here. She is my dragon and i will not part with her anytime soon."

The old man looked uncomfortable but nodded. "It has to hunt somewhere else. We do not have the ability to feed the dragon along with our people."

Willow felt Rhayna's offended feelings as both heard him. "Of course she will hunt on her own." She shook her head in disbelief as she went over to the only other remaining members of the fellowship.

"Willow, how are you feeling?" Gimli asked and Willow was touched for his concern.

"I don't know. Tired, i guess. And i need to eat something." She ran her fingers through her hair.

The elven prince and the dwarf shared a look that Willow couldn't decipher. The two had seemingly created their own way of talking.

In the end they both took her to a more secluded place where they could eat and listen to what Willow had gone through in peace.

"Your body burned through the infection?"

Willow nodded and took out her book. "I found this in Moria. It's the only thing I've had to help me navigate what being a dragon rider means. Apparently we are known for surviving infections and fevers and the like because our bodies burns it away."

"That is quite interesting. A lot of healers would benefit if others could do that." Legolas muttered as he thought of something.

Willow finished her bite of Lembas bread and put her book away and listened to their travels without her.

"All hobbits are alive then. My grandfather is now known as Gandalf the White after surviving in Moria." Her face fell. "And Boromir and Aragorn are gone."

She sighed. She sent a quick thought to Rhayna. "You should go hunt. We'll be here when you come back."

"Call for me if you need me."

The gasps told her that Rhayna had taken off. She leaned back against the wall behind her. "There is a war coming..." She mumbled to herself, unaware of the curious yet sad eyes watching her a bit away.

Eowyn could see the woman that Lord Aragorn had obviously felt strongly for and she could feel a small amount of jealousy. She was dressed ready to fight and she wore her confidence like armor.

Time skip

Willow felt a deep annoyance for the very much sexist men that gave her disapproving looks and she heard the damn whispers. But both would disappear as soon as she and/or Rhayna looked their way.

Being around the fellowship had made her forget the way men of this age could be. But there was no way she was going to care about what old men thought of her.

Commotion caught her attention as she looked for Gimli.

She didn't find the dwarrow but she found Legolas, and a man she thought she would never see again.

Legolas chuckled and spoke in Elvish. "You have someone else that will want to see you."

Aragorn turned around and saw Willow just as she hugged him. He nearly stumbled but caught her. His face buried in her hair and hers in his chest. "I thought you promised to be careful." She mumbled.

"It didn't work as i thought." He held her close.

"Don't you ever scare me like that. I  can't lose you." She admitted quietly.

"I have to talk to the king. Stay close to me." He lets her go and she follows him to where Theoden is along with Legolas.

Eowyn felt her whole being light up when she saw that Aragorn was alive. She stopped herself from running up to him as he turned around and met the young dragon rider in a hug.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)