one

EMARA

****
***
**

A soft kiss on my forehead woke me up from my six-hour nap, making me groan quietly. I peeled my eyes open and felt a lazy smile grow on my lips when my eyes met Tristan's dark blue orbs.

Slowly, my eyes trailed down to the dark blue suit that was fitted around his body, making my smile fall into a frown. Tristan noticed because he crouched to my level, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"You're leaving?" I whispered, my voice groggy from sleep. "It's only three. You don't have to be at the airport until five."

"There's been a change of plan." Tristan sighed, running his hands through my dark hair. "You can always come with me, you know."

I shook my head. "You'll be working all day, I'll be alone all day. The only time you'll see me is before I go to bed."

"But at least you would be there," he said, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "With me."

I smiled sadly. "You know I hate leaving the apartment, Tristan."

"Or the bed, for that matter." Tristan chuckled and pecked my lips again.

You would think that I would go around the world with Tristan. Since he graduated high school, we've been an inseparable team. The boy with the thick glasses and the girl with the motorcycle and leather jacket (that was us) became the best of friends in middle school, and from there went to him asking me to be his girlfriend. After, there was never a moment when Tristan Black and I weren't together.

Until his small garage business started booming, that is. I was proud of him, I really was... but I was also selfish. Three years ago, I would have gone with him to Rome, Italy because of the romance that we would experience together after his business. But we never went anywhere romantic because he was so goddamn busy.

Four months ago, I went to Paris with him in hopes of being able to brighten the spark in our relationship; having French girls flirting with him twenty-four-seven and then him always being out of our suite because of his meetings made the experience boring.

I loved him and his job... but I wasn't a fan of the consequences of dating a CEO billionaire. It was infuriating sometimes.

"I'll only be gone for three days," he assured me, watching as I sat up and stretched. "Are you sure you don't want to come with me? Who will keep you company?"

"Jake."

Even saying his name made me smile widely. Jake could have been my brother if it weren't for the fact that we looked nothing alike. He was my best friend since I was born and I couldn't replace him with anyone else.

I mean... besides the fact that he was a major fuck-boy, which is a reason why Tristan was frowning at me.

"Oh, come on, I'm a sister to him," I said, chuckling. "He barely let me date you, for crying out loud, unless he was on our first date."

Tristan's nose scrunched up and I laughed. Finally, with a small sigh, Tristan nodded and kissed me one last time, but deeply. I hummed, running my hands through his dusty brown hair while he held my chin between his thumb and forefinger.