sixteen

EMARA
**
***
*****

I groaned when something gently touched my cheek, slowly opening my eyes from their drowsy state. A tattooed hand brushed my hair out of my face and I smiled tiredly almost immediately, looking up into Kade's bright blue eyes. He returned my smile and leaned down, kissing my lips delicately while kneading through my dark chocolate hair with his fingers. He pulled back after a few seconds, kissing my cheekbone next.

"Good morning," I whispered to him.

"G'morning," he mumbled back. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's alright," I said with a tired chuckle, kissing him again. I paused when I felt his hands move down my body. "No touchy-touching for the week, Kade. Please don't make this a regular thing I have to remind you every time I'm on my period."

"Then stop teasing me," he said against my lips, parting them with his tongue. Our tongues touched and I moaned, feeling his lips descend on mine with our tongues still touching.

My hands reached up and tugged on his messy blonde hair. Kade grabbed me by the hips and pulled me closer to his larger body, moaning. I pulled away before I knew that I wouldn't be able to stop myself, groaning in frustration at the burning sensation that filled my lower regions.

"How the heck am I teasing you?" I breathed out.

"Because you're wearing that small fucking Hello Kitty shirt and shorts that practically show your ass," he exaggerated. "You know how I am when you wear that shirt."

I chuckled, giving him another kiss while running one hair up to his blonde hair, trapping it between my fingers while teasingly moving my hips up to meet his.

"Shit," Kade muttered against my lips, pulling away. "I'm gonna take a cold shower now and then we can go out for breakfast, okay?"

I nodded my head and Kade kissed me once more before walking towards my dresser, going through the clothes I stole from him. I watched his back flex and ripple as he moved the clothes around, biting my lip gently.

The things I would do to that man if I wasn't on my period.

"How would you feel about me moving in here?" Kade asked out of the blue, making me slowly sit up in surprise. "Or you can move into my place instead."

I was silent, my eyes wide as he began to look for pants. Move in? Why didn't it ever cross my mind earlier? Or the last two weeks when I was staring up at my ceiling, wishing Kade was next to me, asleep in my bed rather than across the entire city. Of course I wanted to move in with him, it just never crossed my mind.

Kade turned around when he didn't get a response and when he looked at me, something unrecognizable flashed in his eyes. Quickly, he spoke, "Unless you aren't ready for that. I-I understand if you aren't."

He began to mumbled incoherent sentences to himself along the lines of "stupid" and "dumb-ass". I frowned when he ran one hand through his hair, his muscles tense as he grabbed a pair of sweatpants from the drawer.

"Kade—"

"I'm sorry for asking," he muttered, opening my bedroom door and walking out. I stood up, quickly following after him. I could hear the shower running and I opened the door, slowly stepping in. Through the misty glass, Kade stood in the shower, running another hand through his hair. I bit my lip nervously, walking up to the glass and tapping on it gently. Kade jumped and turned around. I opened the shower so only my head was past the glass door.