BONUS CHAPTER

EMARA
**
***
*****

"I'm freaking out," I said, fanning my face with an empty paper plate as I sat in my closet, my wedding dress splayed around me in a way that it looked almost like from a movie. "Jake, I can't breathe."

Maybe I had asthma. Maybe this was just my asthma kicking in and I needed an inhaler. Definitely not because I was supposed to be Emara Black and not Emara Giovanni in the next two hours. I was freaking out more than I thought I would; I loved Kade with every fibre in my body and I wanted to marry him more than anything... but what if someone ran in and killed one of us? What if this is just a day to get us distracted to go after Hayden?

"Are you in the closet again, Emara?" Jake muttered, opening the door. He raised an eyebrow when he found me in the centre of it, eating a cupcake from a box I bought last night. "Get the hell out of there."

"I can't," I hiccuped, my eyes fluttering to stop the tears (not that I had to since I have no makeup on yet). "W-what if something bad happens or my dress and it rips in half? O-or Kade doesn't want me anymore?"

Jake sighed, running a hand down his face as he watched me eat another red velvet cupcake. "God, this isn't good. Don't make me get Kade to talk to you instead."

I sniffled, finishing off the cupcake. Jake groaned and left the room, leaving me to eat my other cupcakes. Just as I unwrapped the wrapper, there was a gentle knock at the door, followed by Kade's soothing voice.

"You okay, baby?" He asked me.

"You aren't allowed in," I said, sniffling. "I-It would curse this day."

Kade chuckled. "Shut up, I'm coming in."

The door opened and I could see him looking around in a pair of black slacks and a white button up, eventually turning around and finding me on the floor. His body froze at the sight of me and his smile slowly widened before he crouched in front of me, grabbing one hand and kissing it.

"You look so fucking beautiful, baby," he whispered, still smiling widely.

I choked out a laugh, wiping under my eyes carefully. "I do?"

"Yes." Kade stood up and brought me up with him, spinning me around. "You look amazing. Why the hell are you crying?"

"B-because I want this day to be perfect a-and what if something goes wrong?" I mumbled out, sighing with contentment when Kade pulled me to his muscular chest, wrapping his arms around me.

"The only way this wedding will go wrong for me is if something happens to you," Kade told me, kissing the top of my head. "We both know I would have married your fine ass the second I proposed if it weren't for your stupid idea to plan such an extravagant wedding."

I laughed humourlessly, pulling back and narrowing my eyes at him. "I said I just wanted close friends and family to come and then you had the idea of getting somebody to work on decorating, then to have someone in charge of the food, then you got me my own crew for my dress, hair and makeup. Then somehow you managed to change it from a simple wedding to such a big event."

Kade smiled cheekily. "Only the best for my beautiful wife."

I smiled up at him, my hands winding through his dirty blonde hair as I pulled him down, our lips meeting. Kade's hand moved down the tightness of the dress's torso, then I could feel his hand flicking the flowing skirt of the dress.