seventeen

EMARA
**
***
*****

"Hallelujah, it's over," I muttered to myself, checking just to make sure I wasn't bleeding like I was cut open. I flushed the toilet and washed my hands, walking out and heading to my bedroom.

"I don't understand what you chicks find so fun about these stupid movies," Jake muttered, hanging upside-down on my bed while watching The Notebook. "I mean, that dude isn't even cute."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, Jake. I didn't ask for your opinion on that beautiful man."

"Don't hear your boyfriend saying that," Jake teased, smirking.

"Stop bugging me so much, Jake. Yes, I'm with Kade and I didn't tell you. Why? Because you would be up my ass about it like you have been since you entered my apartment."

Jake laughed, watching as I walked in. "As my best friend, it's my job to tease you."

"You're the annoying older brother I never had," I muttered.

Kade was on a business meeting in Chicago. I could tell that he didn't want to leave because of how many times he was in and out of the apartment, constantly saying how he "forgot something" before telling me that I never gave him a kiss good-bye — even though I did give him a kiss... and a blowjob that had him shaking.

God, I'm good at those.

I missed him so much. He's been texting me every day since he left and it made my heart flutter. It was such a change from Tristan, who never texted me when he was out. I had Kade wrapped around my finger but he didn't seem to have a problem with that; if anything, it was like he liked worshipping the ground I walked on, which was quite odd.

"You've dozed off again," Jake said, making me look at him. "You're so smitten. I don't know whether or not to be happy for you or vomit all over your rug."

"You're an ass." I laughed loudly, shaking my head while jumping onto the bed, next to him. "I've missed you, where'd you go?"

"I went to Bora Bora," he told me, slowly smirking, "it was fun."

"Bet it was," I muttered. "I'm guessing the sex was great."

Jake shrugged. "Most of them were nicer to look at than have in bed. I guess I got unlucky this time."

I rolled my eyes just as my phone rang. I stood up and grabbed it from the nightstand, answering the call and walking into the hall. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby," Kade's smooth, deep voice mumbled through the phone, making me smile. "How are things going?"

"Same as yesterday," I told him, leaning against the door. "Jake's over again so I'm probably gonna have to buy more groceries at the end of the day."

Kade chuckled and I could feel my smile soon turn down into a deep frown. I missed him. So much.

"How are the meetings going?" I asked him, staring at a hole in the wall as I lectured myself for how selfish I was being for wanting him in all day, never to leave our bedroom for work.

"Just taking a small intermission before we start to wrap up," Kade told me. "I should be on the first flight home this afternoon, don't worry."