cover is not the book

Annabeth's POV:

Camp was...uh, to say the least.... interesting when we got back. I was very confused when the twins immediately pulled Drew aside to the well. In case you don't know, the well is a famous in Survivor for strategy talk. Blindsides are devised there, group voting's, or just plain gossiping.

Percy and Hazel then began talking quickly, casting glances over to me. Leo was the only one who went for a swim, away from everyone. None of these actions from anyone – well except Leo – settled well with me. I was confident that we would win the immunity challenge though. I made no move to talk to anyone, my logical side screaming at me too. But I am confident in my relations. If we lose the immunity challenge tomorrow, then I'll start rallying them together against Drew, obviously. If worse comes to worse, I'll use my idol.

***

Night came and I lay awake, staring at the stars. My mind begins rambling off to me, but I silence my worries. I block Drew's whispers around me, and worried glances my way. I am going to win that immunity challenge. I am going to. I have to.

***

(A/N: This is an actual challenge that is from the Survivor: Cagayan season. I don't promote violence. Survivor does get intense and people do get hurt at times, but challenges are never meant to harm. People get heat stroke or simple fall off something and dislocate a shoulder, things like that. The video is right here if you want a visual.)

"For today's challenge, one person is going to hold onto a pole. When I say 'go', two people from the opposite tribe will try to get the person off the pole and drag them across the line on the far end here. The first tribe to get the opposite person across the line will win a point. The tribe who gets to two points wins. Choose wisely."

I take in the information. My group rallies in a circle. Leo talks first, "Okay I think we can all agree Annabeth and Percy are our strongest. I think Percy should be on the pole first, and Annabeth helping someone to drag the other tribe member across the line. Then when the next round comes Annabeth can go on the pole."

Drew makes a face, "I want to go on the pole after, I'm stronger."

Percy sighs, "Okay, I'll be on the pole first, then Drew." He looks at her, "If you mess up, we will be tied with them, which means one person getting dragged across the line makes us all lose."

"And that one person will be Annabeth," She smirks at me. I ignore her, stretching.

Jeff calls us to positions and Travis and I look ahead to see cocky Lee adjusting her grip around the pole. Just like Percy, she sits with her legs around the thick wooden pole and her arms tightening. Without a warning Jeff says, "Survivors ready!" My heart pounds loudly. Thump. Thump. Thump. "Go!"

Travis and I spring forward, reaching Lee in no time. She smiles sickly sweetly at us. Travis grips her arms, slowly dragging them off the wooden beam. I grab a hold of her ankles and we spin her to the side. I be careful not to hurt her. Lee kicks at us, landing a foot to my face. Sparks dance in my vision.

Percy across the way is still holding on with his legs, Nico and Piper trying their hardest to thaw his steel grip. Lee kicks again, this time in my chest. The breath is knocked out of me and I lose my grip for two seconds. Travis lets go of her arms and takes her legs. I grab her arms, relieved to not be in the kicking zone. We drag her across the sand in a speedy fashion. In the midst of trying to keep my hold on the girl, I didn't notice we passed the line until Lee sneered, "You can let go of me now, princess."