the boat

Photo by Matthaeus on Unsplash 

Percy's POV:

I control my breathing throughout Jeff's integration. I monitor my tribe mate's expressions and Drew's responses. She seems comfortable, but that's the problem. No one is comfortable in Survivor, and if you are, its more dangerous than uncomfortably sometimes.

"If anyone has any hidden immunity idol and wants to play it, now would be the time to do so," Jeff calls. I hold my breath. Please don't play it, please don't play it. I don't dare look anywhere but Jeff. Silence. Jeff nods, "Okay, then I will read the votes." I exhale slowly, my chest still tight. Night's not over yet.

"Percy."

Breathe, Seaweed Brain, Annabeth's voice comes to mind.

"Drew."

"Drew."

"One vote Percy, two Drew," Jeff narrates.

I hear Annabeth's laugh. Breathe. This is for her. Gosh I messed up. Now is not the time so think about that Percy, I chide myself.

"Drew."

Drew looks around at us all, a shocked expression on her face.

Jeff slowly turns the last vote, "Sixth person voted out of Survivor Brains vs Brawns vs Beauty...Drew."

I exhale, tension leaving me. A smile transforms my face, and Drew meets my eyes. She narrows those snake eyes and I decide to be childish and stick my tongue at her. "Ugh," She exclaims, making a stand.

I already am up and begin walking out of camp the second her torch is snuffed, not wanting to be in that space a second longer. I just hope tomorrow will be better.

Nico's POV:

Edge of Extinction is freaking depressing. Annabeth is lost in thought so much I think her mind is in Australia or something. Calypso is just singing all the time. Reyna is going insane too, climbing trees and rocks to find anything. Any advantage to get her back in the game. Not to mention Drew who just whines all day and glares daggers at Annabeth. She came to us last night, and well, Annabeth went straight to bed the second she saw her. I am not sure what happened but it probably wasn't that bad. I mean, at least Annabeth and Percy are still strong, even if shes here. Though...she hasn't mentioned him once. Then again, she's lost in her mind like Alice in Wonderland.

Whereas me, well, I am chilling. I read the sign; I chose this. I know what I got myself into. I am just waiting for when it is time to go kick some butt at a challenge and show those mother truckers what they voted out.

I am currently just sitting at the edge of the beach and twirling my hand in the water. I have no clue where Reyna has explored and went off to. Calypso is back at the shelter, probably creating another flower crown. And then Annabeth is up at her little stone fortress at the top of the island, staring off into the distance like a freaking warrior princess.

But...ladies and gents, this is when things get interesting. This is when my moment to shine came.

A boat. Kind of like what you see in Pirates of the Carrobean...Carrie...Caribbean! Sorry. And I'm not sure what it's called, but it looks like a cross between a motorboat and a lifeboat. Or maybe it's just a motorboat...or a boat.

This guy was steering it right towards me. I saw my life flash before my eyes. My amazing boyfriend Will was going to be the last thing I saw before the boat runs me over and I was okay with it.... but the boat stopped a couple feet away and I was fine. This island is making me dramatic...ohhhh no. I got to get out of here. And looks like this is my opportunity.

* NEXT CHAPTER COMING OUT NEXT WEDNESDAY *

Where could this boat be taking them.....and will this day be better for Percy? 

Have an amazing day/night wherever you are! - The Fangirl