Chapter 27

Today was another normal day for the students of Class 1-A.

Momo and Jirou are chatting about the next school events that are coming up. Todoroki just stares into the clock waiting for class to start. Shadow and Tokoyami talking about edgy songs. Mina and Kirishima are talking about anime. Bakugou yelling and strangling the poor life out of Ichiro since Ichiro claims that he can beat him in a fight. Ochako writing something in her notebook while having a blush on her face. Kaminari and Sero laughing at a video of a anime meme. And Asui tries her best not to eat the flie that's flying around her head in circles.

To a normal person, this might be crazy, but this is normal for the students of U.A.

The bell rings and Toshiro walked in. Not wanting to face what consequences they might get, they all immediately go back to their seats and stay quiet and wait for further instructions. 

"Greetings everyone." Toshiro reaches the front of the class and pulls out some papers that contains a list on what they'll be doing later.

"As you've heard, we will be going to camp to train your quirks even more due to the villain rates are increasing" 

Most of the class were about to cheer in excitement but their sensei won't let them.

"If you could pass the written exam and the Practical exam that is" Toshiro gave a small smirk as he watches most of the students freak out and lightly chuckle to himself.

"Really Dad?!" Ichiro groan at his dad's sudden let down. 

"Yes Ichiro. But there are some events that's available if it catches your interests" Toshiro said catching the curiosity of his students. 

'Events' they all wondered. What could those events be? 

"We have several optional events before the testing month so here what they are," Toshiro grabs the remote and the list of those upcoming events showed up.

"The first event is the Battle of the EdgeLords," 

Shadow and Tokoyami raised their eyebrow at this.

"This isn't a physical battle but more like a fashion competition to see who's the coolest,"

Shadow and Tokoyami both look at each other and sparks were exchange. From this point, they are longer friends, they are now rivals who will prove that they are the coolest.

"Rivalry in the Dark" they both said at the same time, not letting go of their glares.

'Oh now this is going to be fun!' Bakugou smirk at the thought as he watches the two glare at each other.

"The next event is a singing competition." Toshiro stated.

Jirou eyes widen and is now pumped up for it. When it comes to music, she is an absolute pro.

"The next one up is a cooking competition. It will be about desserts. It will be judged by looks and taste," 

Sato eyes sparkle. He always created dessert for his quirk and is a pro so he could use this competition to show off his skills.

"And lastly we got a video game competion. Of all things. The game is Heroes Smash Ultimate so you better practice if you want to win." Toshiro finished as he shuts off the screen.

"These events will take place a month before the exams and will be held a day before the other so you don't have to worry about studying and preparing for these if you want to participate," Toshiro concluded. He flashsteps through the classroom and passes out the flyers that contains the date, rules, and where the event is taken place.

TimeSkip to after school brought to you by a chibi Ichiro and chibi Bakugou playing rock paper scissors

"So what event are you taking? Im going for the singing and video game event!" Ichiro asks as well as telling his friends what event he's going to participate in.

"I'm going destroy these extras in the singing, cooking, and gaming competitions!!!" Bakugou yelled out in his usual cocky tone.

"I like to see you try Kaachan. I'm going in all of them. And I'm going to win them all." Shadow cutted in. His eyes are covered by his red-black hair but his smirk can be seen.

"Don't be overconfident Midoriya." Tokoyami said while leaning on the wall while his eyes are closed.

"Never underestimate your opponent,"

Shadow move his head up and faces his head towards his rival. They both knew that they are cool but they never found a solution to see who is the coolest. Granted, they never spoke about it but their eyes did all the talking.

Tokoyami open his eyes and look at Shadow. Their eyes are not igniting sparks like how they are with Bakugou. No. The atmosphere itself became thicker and darker like it's scaring away the light.

"uuuuuuhhhh......." Ochako couldn't find anything to say from this. 

"Well, I'm gonna try the singing competition!" Ochako said hoping to break the tense atmosphere. 

It did not.

"Well that's nice to hear" Shadow said as his eyes not leaving Tokoyami's eyes. 

The air is somehow getting hard to breathe.

"Can someone open the window!!?!?!?!?!?! I cant breathe in here!!!" Kaminari said as he holds onto his mouth.

"Im on it" Sero said. He uses his quirk to open the window's and the air is starting to become breathable again.

"THE HECK WAS THAT!?!?!?!?" Kirishima said as he started panting for air.

"When two men glare at each other for dominance over coolness, everything around them changes." Ichiro said. He remembers when his uncle and his uncle's friend did something like this once. It was so tense that their wives had to slap them back to reality. Ichiro shivers at the memory and laughs it off.

"I'm just gonna take Shadow out before things get out of hand," Ochako said as she grabs his hand and literally drags him out of the classroom. His eyes were still focused on Tokoyami as he was being dragged out.

'I will show you that I'm the coolest,' Shadow thought as his presence left the classroom.

After a few seconds, Tokoyami grabs his things and walks back home.

'Let's see who's the cooler on the day of the competition Midoriya, or should i say Shadow.' Tokoyami finishes his thought as he enters his room and went searching for his outfit for the competition.