Journey To Azarath

It all started out strange enough. The team was just locking up Dr. Light from his crime spree. "Looks like the lights are out for this guy," Beast Boy joked. The team groaned.

"When are you going to learn that your jokes aren't funny," Raven asked.

"Until they become funny," The green teenager said persistently.

"Come on, team. Let's head home," Robin called.

"Aw Yeah! Time to finish up on that BBQ rib meal," Cyborg drooled, rubbing his hands in anticipation. Just as the group was about to leave, Beast Boy thought of something.

"Hey, Rae!"

"It's Raven," She corrected.

"Why don't you just transport us all to the tower? It would be much easier," Beast Boy suggested. It would, but there is always a catch when it comes to magic.

"I can't. Not all the time. It takes a lot of concentration, something you don't have, to make a portal that large. I only do it for an emergency. And no, your video games are not an emergency!" Raven glared, causing her black aura to appear. Beast Boy nervously grinned as they drove back to the tower.

Later in the afternoon, Beast Boy became a bit bored and wandered to Raven's room. Why he always picked her was beyond anyone, but Raven had a pretty good idea. Cyborg would go on about techno things, Robin would always train, Starfire wasn't really a good person to have a "conversation" with, and Silkie was just... Silkie. So that left Raven. Someone who he could at least understand... a bit. "Raven! I have a surprise for you!" he practically screamed, knocking on the door.

"Is it a way to make you disappear?" Raven asked through the door.

"No," Beast Boy exclaimed, a bit upset, "It's my new creation."

"What joy," Raven said in a monotone manner as she opened her door. She saw in the animal-shifter's hands a box of earplugs. Raven's eyebrow rose.

"What? You don't like them?"

"Why would you give me earplugs?"

"These are special earplugs. They only work when you're meditating or there's an emergency. It will help you focus better," Beast Boy nervously smiled. Though a thoughtful gesture, the empath seemed to note something off about the young teen's demeanor.

"What are you planning?" She asked, suspiciously.

"Nnnnnothing," Beast Boy stuttered. Raven hesitantly took the earplugs.

"Thanks," She shortly said and returned to the domain of her room. Beast Boy rubbed his hands together in a sinister way.

"Phase one complete. Now for phase B," Beast Boy smirked. He turned into a small green spider, crept underneath the empath's door, and searched the room for something. Beast Boy was trying to learn a magic word or two to impress Raven. That and something to make sure that he could survive in the dimension that she always threatened to send him. But then something went wrong. Beast Boy noticed that he couldn't see Raven. He quickly turned into a small cat, which had better low light eyesight. He still couldn't find Raven. Then he changed back into a human. "Where is she?"

"Boo."

"AHHH!" Beast Boy jumped when he realized that a mad, glowing-eyed Raven was behind him. "Hi, Rae," He sheepishly smiled.

"What are you doing in my room?!"

"I was just... looking for a spell," Beast Boy twiddled his thumbs. Raven immediately came out of her anger. Beast Boy never messed with her magic. What would cause him to do something completely out of his character? Then she remembered. This was Beast Boy we were talking about. It didn't matter.