Symbols

Magoth frustratedly threw the scroll to the ground. "BLOOD IT ALL! It won't work!"

"WHAT! That's the fifth one that you can't transport to. Maybe your capabilities are growing short, brother," Malchior snickered. Magoth glared at the book, debating whether or not to pour water on it. Forget water, he was thinking of just burning it.

"There is something wrong, brother," Magoth growled out, "My magic is more powerful than any other's. I should be able to make portals to these places."

"Mmm, this is true. There must be something that the Green Wizard placed on you the last battle that prevented you from teleporting," Malchior suggested.

"That amateur?!"

"The one who defeated you twice? Yes," Malchior added, "Now pay attention. You'll have to go to the Witch of Agar and ask why this is happening. Or you could just ask the Green Wizard to release you from the spell." Malchior teased. Magoth finally decided to get even. He walked over to the bird's cage and released it from its entrapment. "Magoth! What are you doing?! You know I hate that bird!"

"I know," Magoth smiled deviously. "I'll see you later, brother."

"MAGOTH!" Malchior shouted as the crow pecked at the screaming pages, "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" Magoth simply smirked as he teleported out of the cave.

Meanwhile, Arella and Beastboy jumped through another portal into a cold blizzard-ridden snowy mountain. "BRRR! You could have told me that Snowmoth was cold!"

"Snowmoth. 'SNOW' is in the name," Arella educated.

"Whatever," Beastboy sighed shaking his head. "Let's get to this secret village. My tail is freezing!" Arella looked at the back of Beastboy.

"Do you actually have a tail, Beastboy?" Arella asked.

"Yes, but I don't like people seeing it," Beastboy replied plainly. "It just looks like a monkey's tail."

"Interesting," Arella mumbled. They traveled through the frozen land up a mountain. Faintly through the snow, Garfield saw dim little lights. As they walked closer, they saw before them a large monastery painted white just like the snow. It had high walls and black roofs, flags displaying the mandarin word for peace hung on the large wooden gate. "Well?"

"Well, what?"

"You usually are amazed by the places we've been to," Arella explained.

"You get used to it," Beastboy waved it away. Arella rolled her eyes as they entered the sacred place.

"Welcome travelers," greeted an old man fashion in the traditional Shoaling uniform. "What knowledge do you seek?"

"We seek no knowledge, but we're here to protect you from an approaching evil. Please let us do the work for you," Arella explained.

"By all means," The old man bowed. Garfield performed an ancient hand gesture, muttering the protective spell. Suddenly, a large blue transparent ray shot out of his body and formed a dome around the monastery.

"There, it's done. Come on, we have to get to the other one," Beastboy urged, but the old man held him back.

"You are the Green Wizard, are you not?" he asked.

"Does everyone know about me?!" Beastboy exclaimed.

"Your coming was prophesied. Please follow me," The old man said as he walked to the center entry of the monastery's library. Arella and Gar walked into the library and followed the old man.

"What is it that you have to show me?" Garfield asked as the old man picked out a scroll.

"It is a scroll that may be very valuable to you," The old man said giving the young man the scroll. The blonde opened it and read it.