The Cloak

"Excuse me, Raven," The Beast said in a voice much like Beastboy's. It sounded like the same childish cracking voice. "I need to find some food," The Beast replied. The green monster calmly walked over to the fridge and looked for the meat. "Ugh, why do I have a hankering for meat?" Beast muttered. Beastboy was actually in control, but the Beast inside of him had switched up his body without Beastboy knowing, consciously knowing anyways. As Beastboy turned around with no food in tow, he saw the others staring at him with fear and surprise. "What's wrong? Something in my teeth?"

"Beastboy? Is that you?"

"Yeah, who else would-" He stopped himself as he looked at his hands. "UGH! BEAST!"

"Hahahahaha," Laughed the green monster. Now Beastboy didn't sound like himself. His voice changed to a deep base pitch. "My apologies for scaring you all. I was merely playing a prank on Beastboy Until we meet again," Beast smirked. Suddenly, Beastboy changed back to his normal appearance. The others were still left speechless.

"Hehe, I can explain," Beastboy said.

The room suddenly changed to a game show platform with fake people in the back and Cyborg as the host. "WELCOME! Ladies and gentlemen to the greatest show on television, 'Can You Explain It?' Our host tonight is going to be Mr. Garfield, Aka Beastboy," Cyborg announced in his full suit as he pointed to a confused green teen who was smiling nervously in his pre-school sized chair. "Of course, you know the rules folks. Our wonderful judges will ask our guest some questions and rank him on how much they believe him. Let's get on with the game!" Robin, one of the judges, tapped the mic in front of him.

"Hey, yeah um... Beastboy, how were you able to do that?"

"Well, I've been practicing a lot at night and I finally figured out how to control the Beast... somewhat," Beastboy explained. Starfire held up a 7, Robin an 8, and Raven a 4.

"Ooo that's a good start, but judge Raven doesn't seem easily impressed," Cyborg commented.

"How long did you train and why did you not inform us?" Starfire asked. Beastboy sighed.

"It was... almost immediately after the incident. I didn't want to tell you guys because... I didn't want you guys to be hurt."

"AW," said the fake crowd.

"Well looks like Beastboy has gone sentimental on the crowd, what do the judges say?" Robin held up an 8, Starfire a 9, and Raven a 5. "It's better than last time, but judge Raven doesn't seem to be budging."

"Why can the Beast talk then? If he's just an animal, why did it sound like there were two of you?" Raven asked.

"Ooo, that's a hard one, can our contestant answer?" Cyborg commented.

"The Beast is different from all the other animals. He's smarter, faster, and stronger than many of them. The chemicals made him out of control the last time. It was a little while back when we started to become friends. Because we are kind of... mashed together, we have this cool kind of split personality."

"And the judges say..." Robin held up a 9, Starfire a 10, and Raven... a 9. "It's a high score!" Cyborg shouted as confetti came down from the sky. "Well, that's all for today, folks. And we'll see you later on, 'Can You Explain It?'"

"Alright, cut it out, Cy," Beastboy muttered, sliding the game show gag away.

"Beastboy, why didn't you just tell us? We could have helped," Robin said.

"I know, but it was just a little too risky. If anything were to happen, I couldn't trust myself around you guys," Beastboy explained.

"That doesn't explain why that thing decided to rear its big head now," Cyborg muttered.