Chapter 8

I was angry and scared. My arms were crossed across my chest and I was looking away from Kayan, who was packing a bag of his clothes. We'd argued over him staying behind over and over. I didn't understand these strong intense feelings but Keyan was acting like it was completely normal. I heard the bag zip and looked over at him. The anger was subsiding as the fear took centre stage. Keyan opened a drawer taking out a small black box which he then slipped into a side pocket on his bag. He then looked over at me before walking over and sitting on the bed by my feet. "Look if you were a wolf like me I'd let you stay with me but I need you somewhere safe." His eyes drifted to my torn up leg under layers of bandages, "I have to protect you even if you choose to leave later when your leg is healed." Looking back up he stood up and put my bags beside his. He seemed to admire the sight for a moment before Katie and a bright red headed lad stepped into the room. Keyan gave them both a brief smile before saying, "Amy this is Caleb my beta. He'll be taking care of you, he is also Katie's mate." He turned to his sister who once again had a beaming smile across her face. "Katie can you, when you arrive at the cabins help Amy order some warmer clothing?"
"Of course," she replied cheerfully. "Come on," she nudged Caleb in the ribs with her elbow before picking up my duffle bag. Caleb picked up Keyan's bag and my back pack before the pair headed out to pack the car.
Keyan turned back to me and sighed rubbing his temples. "Amy I..." our eyes locked and it seemed like we were the only two people in all the world. He shook his head and laughed, "you have gorgeous eyes."
I frowned at him "why is that funny?" I asked a little confused.
"It's not but," he held out a hand to help me up which I took and he gently pulled me out of the bed, careful to keep me on my good leg. "Wolves tend to get well very rough and um, passionate when they find their mate and don't get me wrong I feel that urge but I also have this overwhelming desire to curl in my wolf form around you keeping you warm and safe. I got to ask, have you ever other than you know?" His cheeks visibly flushed as he asked the awkward question.
I shook my head blushing too, "no. I haven't even kissed anyone before," it crossed my mind that he may of been with plenty of people and it made me feel pathetic.
"Neither have I," I was surprised to hear him say "I promise if you do choose to stay I'm gonna treat you right. I'm gonna love you right," I couldn't help smiling at his tender words.