Chapter 10

I was running, running through the mist the air was wet and ice cold. The fear gripping me made me keep moving. My foot got caught under a root sticking up from the ground. Tumbling down a small hill my body thumped against them trunk of a fallen tree. His huge furry paws clamped down on my arms pinning them to the trunk. I struggled under his weight as his snout sniffed my hair. I closed my eyes as the claws became hands and one grabbed my chin, "open your eyes." I did. Those eyes frightened the last warm spot out of my body. "You'll look me in the eyes," he moved his lips to my ear "while I make you mine."

I woke up suddenly, my leg aching and in the dark. Taking deep breaths I calmed my self down but was still a little shaken when I heard voices outside of the cabin's master bedroom doors.
"So you think she might be?" That was Caleb's voice whispering by the crack.
There was a sigh before Keyan spoke "it's a possibility, I'm not gonna dig unless she wants me to. It's only right," the door creaked and he stepped inside. His eyes settled on my leg as he walked towards the bed picking up some painkillers from the bedside table. "I'm sorry I was so long, but I'm not going anywhere now." He handed me the painkillers. As I reached for them I noticed my hand shaking. Quickly I took the pills bringing my hand to my stomach trying to make it stop shaking. Keyan had noticed, he frowned at me and gently took my hands into his. "Is something wrong?"
Shaking my head I explained, "I just had a bad dream. It's fine." I forced a smile, something told me he knew I was pretty shaken from it. He didn't press any further, he just got me a glass of water for the pills and sat beside me in the bed. I knocked back the water with the pills and took a deep breath. Seeing him was a relief, like when you see the rain after a long drought. It had been three days since I'd seen him and every time I closed my eyes I had the nightmare. I wondered wether he could feel when I was scared in nightmares. When he'd seen my memory I'd become curious about what else wolves could do. Laying back in the bed I rolled onto my side looking up at him. "Keyan you know I showed you my memory?"
He nodded and smiled down at me, "yeah?"
"Well what else are you guys able to do, you know other than the obvious?" I asked.
He frowned thoughtfully then lay down too, rolling on his side so he could see me. "Some objects can hold memories so we're able to touch them with someone who has a personal connection with it to see memories. We can sense when our mate has strong emotions or is in danger. There's a few things." He reaches out his hand to touch me but pulled back quickly. "Sorry," he mumbled before sitting up again. "You should decided wether you want to stay or not before I.."
"Keyan I'm staying," it slipped out. I sighed before adding "I want to. I trust you and well, I've never trusted anyone before."
He leaned down with a beaming smile and kissed my forehead. "Then I will try my best to be good for you."

A ChanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara