Chapter 15

Clutching the album I sat on the window seat looking out for Keyan. He'd ran off so suddenly and without explanation that I was annoyed at him. So alone I perched waiting, looking through the album. My father had been handsome almost regal like and my mother she was gorgeous. They seemed so proud of the baby in their arms. There was pictures of other family too and the rest of the pack. All of them gone now but I was alive and I could carry on for them. I just wished I'd known them. The album was helping me understand who I was. I was the daughter of a very strong alpha and Luna, who had tried for many years to have children. Photos of them all as their wolves were tucked in the pages too. Both my parents were mainly brown but my mother had one paw that was pure white. There was some annotations that called me their little miracle and said the day the photo was taken.
I stood up intending to go get something to eat when I saw Keyan's wolf coming through the tree line and up to the cabin. Quickly I got up putting the album on the seat and headed downstairs. He came in through the front door grabbing his boxers from the chair by the door. Once they were on he looked at me and stopped. "Get back in the bedroom," he growled. I didn't understand why he sounded so angry. "Now, I'll be up in a moment." I didn't move, too taken aback from his tone. He meanwhile walked round me and shouted "Katie! Caleb!" The pair appeared and he growled at them. "Tell the council its them and they're back. Caleb gather as many fighters as possible and make sure there is no rogue within 100 miles of my territory." He turned back to me as the disappeared, "up now."
I dashed up the the stairs to the bedroom as he followed not far behind. Once inside I turned to him, "what's going on?"
Without a word he picked me up and held me close to his bare chest. "I recognised the scent, it had been so long I didn't realise." He kissed my head and sighed, "I'm sorry I growled at you." Slowly he carried me to the bed and lay me down climbing over me. "He tried to make you his but you're mine, always have always will be." He was staring down at me with a hunger in his eyes. "We need your wolf to come out so you can protect yourself in emergency." Laying beside me he groaned loudly before closing his eyes.
I sat up and looked down at him just in his boxer shorts. "How do we do that?" I asked a little distracted by his toned body laying bare beside me and remembering the warmth I'd felt from them.
Keyan propped himself up on his elbows looking into my eyes. "I think they're two options. One the very intimate way which I know you're not ready for so I'm not gonna push you or two, we take you to where your pack used to live."