Chapter 28

Donald and Samual howled with laughter retelling a story of their child hood together. It seemed very clear from their stories both our parents knew each other very well. I simply enjoyed listening to them both leaning against Keyan's solid figure as he stroked my hair. It was a relaxing morning which stretches into a wonderful lunch when Katie and Caleb showed up with sandwiches, cake and coffee.
"So I suppose you'll be heading back to the council soon," Donald said with a chunk of cake on his fork.
Samual sipped his cup of coffee before placing it down on the table, "no. I don't intend ever returning to the council."
I sat up out of Keyan's arms a little surprised "why?" I asked without being able to stop myself out of respect.
He smiled warmly leaning forward on his knees, "well mainly because I want to be near you but also because I believe the council is corrupt. It was something Seth said when they'd captured me, he mentioned the head of the council as a friend. I believe the council may have delayed me on purpose, not once but twice." The words hung heavy in the room and I could tell this accusation didn't come lightly. Keyan had stiffed beside me as did everyone else in the room.
"Do you believe they deliberately enabled Seth to get hold of Amy?" Keyan asked through gritted teeth.
"She is the white wolf after all, even without proof it would serve them well, a war would rage and they would command the packs without question. That kind of power can be addictive once grasped." Samual stood walking over to the front window, "seth's failure may bring them here."
Keyan took my hand tightly pulling me back into his arms, "I won't have my Luna threatened by them." His growl resonated through his chest into my back, I placed my hand softly on top of his hand calming him.
Donald stood up frowning, "how serious are you?" He asked his old friend.
"Serious enough that I'd suggest a alliance with all other alphas," Samual sat down "you should have been my priority so with that in mind congratulations."
I'd just been reminded that we hadn't actually told him we were engaged. My cheeks flushed as I muttered a "thank you." I held out my hand so he could see the ring which he admired for a moment before I had an idea. "I assume wolf weddings are similar to human ones right?" Katie nodded with an excited "yes." So I asked "we'll seeing as you're my only blood family left, would you give me away?"
Samual stood again as did i and he embraced me, "I'd be honoured." I could feel his breath hitch as he held me as though he was afraid if he let go I'd disappear. He pulled away and held my hands "I can't wait." The smile on his face was wonderful, I really had made him feel so happy.
"Well if he's giving you away, I better be the maid of honour" Katie laughed coming over and giving me a hug.
"How could we have it any other way," Keyan spoke proudly.