f i f t e e n

7 MAY 2034

7 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

"did you get the message too?" namjoon spoke hurriedly as he sprinted down the street, his anxiety blatantly exposed as he whipped his head around in search of jeongguk who was a few feet away from namjoon.

"yeah, where are you right now?" jin's restless voice called out from the other line.

"we're on our way. i'll call you later, yeah?" namjoon panted heavily as he turned the corner, a feeling of relief washed over him as the familiar view of his house came into view.

their feet slapped harshly against the ground and namjoon could hear jeongguk's aggrieved grunts as they rushed closer and closer towards their home. their apparent 'safe haven'.

but namjoon stopped abruptly and whipped his head around and for a split second he merely watched the eerie streets, bereft of any mortality.

but what made him stop short, was the seemingly unfamiliar aura that hung low around the place.

and namjoon knew what was coming.

"run!" he yelled towards jeongguk's direction as the distant echo of animalistic screams reached namjoon's keen ears. his blood ran cold and his eyes widened as the scene before him unfolded.

what he had only seen in video clips and diagrams in books had come into life.

he started to dart down the street. only a few blocks away now.

but so were the clones.

jeongguk had already made it through the door and he held out a hand towards namjoon as his eyes gripped onto the creatures after namjoon.

namjoon was getting closer and closer and he could feel their presence getting nearer and nearer.

if one reached out, it could almost grab onto namjoon but he was faster as he dashed into the house before slamming the door shut. his palms pressed against the door as jeongguk fell to the floor, streams of liquid cascading down his cheeks as he slapped a hand over his mouth to contain his cries.

the growls and moans grew silent and namjoon slowly backed away from the door. he dropped to his knees beside jeongguk as he observed the younger.

not a scratch.

he was fine. they were okay.

"jeongguk-ah? are you hurt?" namjoon asked softly and jeongguk nodded slowly before pulling the older into a tight embrace.

and for a while they just sat there, on the floor, in each other's arms.

namjoon's phone rang loudly and he had to break away from the hug to answer it.

"hey is everything okay?" taehyung spoke hurriedly. "I saw them—down the street. a- and—"

"yeah, we're fine." he answered, sending a fleeting glance towards jeongguk's direction. "is everyone else okay? did they make it back home in time?"

there was a pause and namjoon felt his heart drop.

"jimin. h- he didn't come back home. but don't worry, he's with yoongi. he won't be able to come back home until tomorrow."

namjoon sighed and he urged jeongguk to go to his room with a tilt of his head and so, jeongguk did.

"don't worry, he's safe. that's what matters." namjoon spoke softly. taehyung let out a small sigh.

"what is this namjoon? why are they out now? it's not nightfall yet."

namjoon could hear the patent fear lining his words, yet for someone who always had an answer, this time he simply had no explanation.

"i don't know, taehyung. but what I know is, whatever ROSE was warning us about all this time, it had begun."