Chapter two

The doors to the van opened, letting too much light in for the humans poor eyes to handle."Get up" a very deep and manly voice demanded, stepping back a bit. They all instantly got up, but Pearl kept her arm around Petal the whole time."It's going to be okay" She whispered into her ear, leading her out of the van.

"All you humans will come to the hall. King Alpha doesn't have time to waste on you, so the Royal Beta will be talking to you instead. You will give him the up most respect. If he doesn't see you fit for the job, you will either be killed or thrown in the dudgeon for disrespecting him." 

Now this was the part where Pearl excpected him to say something like 'good luck!'...

But no.

He just continued to walk away.

"Are we gonna die Pearly?" Petal whispered, fear written all over her poor little face. She told her that they wouldn't, and that she would keep them both safe. Pearl gave the little hand a reasuring squeeze, just to show her that she should be brave.

But the truth was that Pearl didn't know.

The group  of humans were rushed into a massive hall, with a stage at the front, Pearl realised that lots of other groups of humans were there too, with a total adding to around one hundred. Pearl and Petal shuffled closer to the front, to make sure Petal could see, but not  to close.

It was stupid to get close to werewolves.

"So then" a voice said. The sound held authority, but also didn't seem as though it was trying to strike fear into their fragile hearts. Pearl looked up to see a werewolf who wore a simple shirt and jeans. Smart, but not too formal. "You should have all been told your position in your letters, so please at the end follow your head of department." Crap. Pearl really was going to have to cook.

"If you disrespect any being higher than you" *everyone* "Then you shall be punished depending on their rank and your crime. I suggest you all stay out of trouble." Pearl gulped at how serious his voice sounded. Would she die if she made another disgusting dish like at home?

As jobs were being called out, Pearl noticed the Royal Beat staring directly at her, his lips slightly parted. She felt as though she were burning under his gaze, and tried to look any where but him... no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't help but glance at him every few seconds. It made her feel incredibly awkward.

And he seemed to have no problem gawking like a gold fish at her.

As her and Petal were told to leave for the kitchen department, Petal yawned loudly. Pearl may not have been very strong, but she sure did love that kid. She picked up the little girl and held onto her tightly on the side of her body. H er back pack awkwardly swung off the oppisite shoulder, but Pearl really couldn't care less.   

Whilst the kitchen staff were being led to their quarters, an old lady named Mrs. Potters stopped Pearl and pulled her aside. "Not to worry you dear, but the Royal beta had requested you presence. I can't tell what you've done so soon, but I'm sure it'll be alright. His office is that one down there."

Pearl instantly paled. Was it disrespectful to look into the eyes of a royal? Oh dear God, she wouldn't even make it a day! She began to walk to the office when she remembered that she still had little Petal in her arms. "Don't you worry poppet, she'll be alright with old Mrs.Potters."

A she stared up at the wooden door, she debated whether or not she should beg for mercy the second she got in there, or if she should listen to him first as to not get into more trouble than she was already in. But Pearl found that it was already too late as her fist knocked dramatically on the door.

"Come in"

Pearl was practically pissing her self as she walked into his study. At the far back of the room, centered perfectly was a deep brown wooden desk... which he was leaned against in such a casual way! How could somebody be so cool when their about to sign somebodies death sentence?!?

"Hello Pearl" he stated, standing up to his full height. All werewolves were tall, but he wasn't the tallest she had ever seen. He was probably  half a foot taller than her at most, maybe less. "I'm the Royal beta Jackson. Do you know why I have asked you to come here?"

Pearl meekly shook her head no. But she had a pretty good idea why! Her stupid eyes couldn't stop wondering over to this intimatating being."Well" he began, running a hand through his long brown hair. "Do you know what a mate is Pearl?" Yet again, she shook her head no. He sighed. "Well... a mate is short for soul mate. The person your meant to be with... the one that you'll love forever. You see... any creature can tell who their soul mate is easily... and in the past, theres never once been a human mate to a being, let alone a werewolf. So what I'm trying to say is..."

"I think your my mate"

Words: 885

YO! If you got this far, I must be doing something alright. Thanks for reading by the way!

Question of the day: Whos' your favoriate character so far? I'll ask again in a few chapters :)

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.