Chapter twenty four

"Katie, how far away is it? I really shouldn't be out at all, what if I run in to some body?"  Pearl asked, nervously playing with her hair. Katie had dragged her in to a shopping day. She knew about Pearls situation now, and knew how dangerous it would be. She also knew that Blade wouldn't allow Pearl out with out about six thousand of his men. So she simply told him a little white lie; they were having a picnic in the woods, close by. He was still nervous to let her go, and didn't let her leave is sight until they were  out of the door.

Thank God he didn't ask where the picnic was.

"Yes, I am super duper sure that every thing will be alright, silly! Besides, you've got me. I'm a werewolf too, you know" Pearl just laughed Katie wasn't in the best shape , after having two children and being a full time mother. And Pearl couldn't blame her. Where would she get the time to go training with the rest of the pack? "I don't have any money either" Pearl mumbled, looking down at her hands. She hated that every thing had been provided for her on a silver plate. Where was the reality and the worth in that?

When they arrived at the shopping centre, Pearl couldn't help but notice how busy it was. This put her even more on edge. There was a big chance that some body from the castle would be in there with her, and that made her nervous. What if one of them was another mate? What if they were some body against the creatures, like a hunter? Surely they would be on the look out for her too. But surprisingly, she wasn't too scared if it was Vito.

The previous night, she had had a dream about Vito. She felt as though she had the power to let him see her, but she didn't have the heart to. The look on his face brung her enough distraught. He him self looked distraught, slouched down in a chair with messy hair. She had never in a million years would have thought she would see him with out his perfectly styled locks. "Where is my girl?" he mumbled under his breath, running a hand tiredly through his hair. 

And then she left him. She made her self leave. It wasn't right, to be sleeping with Blade as she dreamed about Vito. She just needed to leave the subject alone. She was engaged to her one true love, for Gods sake! And she knew that she loved Blade more than she loved Vito... but then some thing was telling her that it wasn't going to end up the way that she wanted it to. And that scared her.

***********************************************************************************************

Katie and Pearl spent hours treading around the shops, buying a heap of new clothes. Katie even dragged Pearl in to Victorias' secret, to get some stuff for her and Blades alone time. At first, Pearl didn't really see the big fuss about it. But as they went on, she got more stuck in to it than Katie her self! there were so many different types of clothes, different styles, different colours.

But eventually, after wasting wayyyyy too much money on clothes, shoes and accessories, they decided to stop for lunch. There were a lot of different places to stop in the shopping centre, but Pearl decided on Five guys. Tasty burgers, perfect chips and crispy bacon mixed through out the milkshake. Yes, I know. It sounds disgusting, but you should really give it a try. The salt mixed with the sugar gives an extraordinary taste!

The girls didn't talk about any thing too serious whilst they were sat eating, mostly just pack stuff, and how Xavier was doing in school. But then, Pearl realised it was the perfect time to pop out the question she had been thinking about for some time. "Katie" she started, sipping her milkshake. "What exactly is the eclipse?" Katie stopped what she was doing, eyes wide. "No bodys explained?" she half whispered, looking all around her. Pearl just nodded meekly. The mother of two sighed, begining the explanation.

"Well, you see... no body these days really know for sure. Only the royals are rumored to exactly know. As they are the only ones supposed to be apart of it, but with Blade added" she started. "The eclipse is... well, the eclipse is supposedly this being with great power. And with this power, it is up to them what happens in the world.  You know, with all us creatures and all. Its said that they could change for the world and make it better for every one... or burn it down, and save the world just as much from future affairs."

Pearls breathe stopped short. She didn't realise that being the eclipse meant gaining a heap loads of power! And yet, she felt as if nothing had even changed. She was still the same weak, human girl she always had been. To be honest, she kind of thought that a mistake had been made, and that she wasn't really the eclipse at all. Maybe it was just some messed up situation where she was accidently given as a mate to way too many people? But then again, they knew a lot more than she did in this topic.

Well, in every topic.

After the girls had finished lunch, they walked out of the food court slowly, laughing as they did. Katie always seemed to just be able to make her happy, despite what was going on with the rest of the world. "Pearl?" Her steps faltered, bringing her to a stop. She looked straight ahead of her to see Luke... 

Luke.

The boy who had made her laugh. The boy who claimed they would have the best life together... the boy who never had a chance.

Pearl gulped, the smile instantly fading. He looked good. Better than what she had remembered. His blonde hair was still as shaggy as when they had first met, but it seemed to be brighter and less dim. His brown eyes were no longer a dull shade, but they were incredib.ly piercing. They weren't dark like most of the boys she had met, but light. A really light brown, which made them seem softer than all of her other mates eyes. He wasn't much taller than her, but it gave her a sense of security, that not every body on earth was a giant.

Luke just stood there star struck, mouth slightly a gap. "Hi Luke" she only just managed to whisper, putting a shy, small smile on to her lips. She had to smile at the boy who was nothing but nice to her. Even if she knew that he would probably bring this up at the castle, or even drag her back by the ankles... But she didn't want to let reality hit her yet. She just wanted to pretend that Luke was a normal guy friend who she hadn't seen in ages.  Even despite all;

Ignorance is bliss.

Words: 1185

Hey guys, I know this update is a little late, and that is because I really didn't get in to writing this chapter, and didn't like it that much.  Although, I hope you can cope with just this until my next update.

Question of the day: Do you want a cast? If you do, I will find my own, but if you guys have any images in your head, send them to me! Message me for my email to send them to me as well! 

Also, first person to suggest some one for a cast member will get the next chapter dedicated to them x.

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.