Chapter ten

Pearl and Vito went around clothes shops for a full hour, her giggling almost the whole way. She asked if he minded just watching her try on clothes, but he said he didn't. He clearly found it adorable, seeing her dance around in cute little dresses. He brought every thing that she wanted, even when she tried to deny it. Vito claimed that it would be rude to reject such things off a king, and that soon shut her up.

"Are you hungry?" he asked her. holding her hand in his. Pearl nodded, and continued to draw patterns on the back of his hand with her thumb. It felt... nice to be able to hold his hand. It was so big compared to hers, and it made her feel safe when she was with him. "I know a little cafe not so far from here, shall we go for breakfast?" She nodded again, grinning up at him wildly.

"I have to be back by twelve though, to help make lunch in the kitchen. I was supposed to go back this morning sooo...." Vito just shook his head at Pearl, but she couldn't understand why. She still had to work, it was her way to make money! He wouldn't understand that though, it was clear to see that he had ever lasting pockets filled with cash.

When the two were seated, Pearl got extremely nervous. Everyone was staring, and she knew lots of them from her village. "Hey Pearl!" said a sickly sweet voice. She looked behind her and saw Molly and her friends walking towards them. Molly was the village slut, and very much a  bully. "Who are you sat with?He looks new to town and I would very much like to show him around" she said seductively, biting her lips.

"King Vito of the vampire realm." he said, his eyes going dark. "Me and my fiance here were just enjoying breakfast. So would you mind leaving us in peace?" he said, grabbing Pearls hand and giving it a tight squeeze; but she couldn't tell if the squeeze was to reasure her, or to calm him down."Ha ha, good joke, you highness. But I know that your not engaged to her. Shes not pretty enough for a vampire like you."

The king growled at this female, whilst Pearl just looked down at her feet. "If you care for your head, I suggest that you leave now" he stated darkly, his fangs escaping out. The three girls eeeked and ran off, whilst Pearl just sat there embarassed. She knew that wasn't worthy of him, or any of them. She was a simple human girl, with no talents, mediocre looks and nno money what so ever.

"I think your the most beautiful creature that has ever walked this earth. And trust me; I have been here for a long time." He whispered, kissing her hand dearly. At least some one seemed to apperciate her, even if it was because she was his mate.

***********************************************************************************************

"DETAILS, HONEY, DETAILS!!!" Layla screamed, shaking Pearl by the shoulders as she slipped a work dress on. "Layla, we just went shopping and had breakfast. Not every thing has 'details'" Layla sighed, walking linked arms with her new best friend. Pearl was glad to  be able to call her that; she had never had a friend like her before.

When they got down to the kitchen, Mrs.Potters was there smiling. "Come now, girls, theres going to be a special dinner this evening. Lunch has already been prepared, now we need all the help we can get for tonights meal!" The two girls looked at each other confused. Had they missed something? "Don't tell me you forgot! Tonight is the royal ball!"

Layla giggled excitedly, but Pearl sighed. The most beautiful girls from the village had always been invited, but Pearl never once had been. And she didn't particularly feel like attending just because she lived in the castle.

"So, who are you going to take? You've got seven choices!" Layla exclaimed, winking wildly at her. Pearl just shook her head and started to dry up some plates and bowls."I'm not going Layla" she stated simply, continuing what she was doing. Layla was outraged, but when Pearl said it would be unfair to take only on person, she calmed down. "I guess... or we could go together as friends!"

Pearl thought about it. That way, she wouldn't have to choose a date, and she could have a lot  of fun with Layla. "You know what; Fudge it! Lets do it Layla."

***********************************************************************************************

Using almost all the money  Layla and Pearl had, they brought two of the most elegant dresses they had ever seen. Layla brought a lovely purple gown, with a beautiful ribbon tie in the middle. Her strawberry blonde girls matched it beautifuly. Pearl was sure that Layla would be one of the most beautiful girls at the ball, and catch the eyes of many suitors. But she assured Pearl that she would stay with her all night. (Laylas' gown, but shes not the girl in the picture, only the dress x)

 (Laylas' gown, but shes not the girl in the picture, only the dress x)

But in true honesty, Pearl looked a look better than Layla, even if she didn't want to admit it. Pearl wore a sapphire blue dress that was off the shoulders, and the dress was covered in black and blue buttrerflies. To match, she wore blue gloves and butterflies throughout her hair.  Her black hair was curled for the evening, changing up the usual straight hair look. She had a beautiful silver tiara resting on her head, and a silver necklace too. She also had a wand to hold, but it wasn't anything more than for decoration.  

"Come on, Pearl

"Come on, Pearl. Lets go and rock this ball!" Layla said.#

And thats exactly what they did.

Words: 1006

Hi guys! I hope that your enjoying my story so far! 

Question of the day: Who do you think will ask for a dance first?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.