Chapter eleven

As Pearl and Layla stood at the top of the grand stair case, all eyes turned to them. Pearl was incredibly stunning as she stood there, but most people just went about their business... except from her mates. Even the ones who didn't seem to have cared about her before. She just smiled at Layla, holding her hand the whole way down. They shone brighter than the moon its self.

King Vito was one of the first that Pearl spotted; he was grinning wildly at her, giving her a sly wink. She giggled and waved back in return. Vito had started to make her heart flutter more and more, especially after their personal morning together. Of course, she spotted angry looking mates staring at her too, but she didn't care. Her attention was on Vito.

"Pearl" he said, kissing her hand softly. "Who is this fine lady with you tonight?" Vito asked, causing Layla to snort in disbelief. "A great friend of mine, Lord Stone, has sent me a mind message that he wants to dance with you. Would you care to join him?" Layla looked at Pearl for her permission, knowing she promised not to leave her side. But Pearl nodded at her friend; she had King Vito to keep her company.

"So, my dear Pearl. May I say that you are the most perfect being on this planet?"Pearl giggled in discomfort, shaking her head up at him. It was only because she was in the dress, she couldn't help but think. And to her, Vito was an extreamly good looking man... or, well, vampire. The word made her flinch. He was still a dangerous being. Perhaps she had gotten a little to comfortable around him.

King Vito grabbed her tiny hand and gave it a squeeze. "I can tell what your thinking, Pearl. I know that you still cower at the sight of me... but maybe we could change that?" he whispered the last part, crouching down close to her ear. He smelt of wild roses, making Pearl want to submit to his every command...

"I don't think that would be needed, King Vito. She would never give her heart to you, out of all the rest of us."Jackson had finally come back to talk to her. She was still angry at him though; why had he left her, especially during such an important time. "Well, hes got more of a chance than you" She said back spitefully, daring to talk back. She hoped that Vito would be there to defend her, after all. 

The pained look on his face made Pearl want to hug him... but also look away. If he really wanted her to choose him, why hadn't he tried harder when he realised there was more competition? Surely he should have known to at least talk to her. "I know you well enough to know that you would never turn your self into a vampire for him"

Pearls heart stopped. Would she really have to do that just to be with him? I suppose he wouldn't want to be with an old women when he still looked as though he were twenty five. She looked up to see him glaring at the Royal beta. "Is that true?" Pearl asked him slowly, not yet releasing his hand. He looked down with a straight face, trying to hide his emotions. "Well, yes... but we could have talked about it firs-"

Pearl began to walk off. Why was every one lying to her? She could feel Jackson smirking behind her back, so she added "He still has a better chance than you". She had really began to like Vito... but would she really be willing to give up her humanity for him? She wasn't sure. Pearl continued to walk away, until she tripped over a table cloth end...

A swift hand caught onto Pearls body, flipping her over to see her saviour. The prince of elves held onto her tightly, in a romantic position as though they were about to kiss. He had a tan face and messy black hair and sea -green eyes. He smiled a cheeky smile down at her, letting out a little laugh. "Mi amor" he said he what Pearl believed to be a Spanish accent. "You should be more careful. Maybe the next time I won't be there to catch you".

Pearl could easily tell that English wasn't his first language, but he was trying really hard. "Your not English, are you?" she asked as she stood herself up, trying to be polite. He shook his head but smiled. "No. But I try really hard, if I want to win you". She sighed. She almost forgot that all of the nice people were her 'soul mate'. "Well, thank you for catching me..?" At that moment, she realised she didn't know his name. She didn't know a lot of her mates names... she didn't even know the Alphas real name! "Zachary, mi amor"

She thanked him again before she set off on he way to the quieter parts of the castle; she couldn't take all of the commotion. But before she could, the siren turned up in front of her. Great.

Just great.

"Pearl..." he started off sheepishly, like a teenage boy asking his crush out. "I wanted to apologise for being a bit of a dick to you when we first met... you see, I thought I was your only mate, and you would be with me no matter what. But now..." The prince actually looked quite sad. Pearl felt bad for the poor boy; it wasn't his fault that they met during bad circumstances. "If I may... would you like a dance?" But it wasn't the siren who had asked the human. 

But the human who had asked the siren.

Words: 956

Hi :3 I hope you are enjoying the story so far. A bit of a twist there at the end, I know a lot of you were probably thinking it would be one of the boys to ask for the dance.

Question of the day: If you had all of these characters as your mate, who would you choose?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.