Chapter thirty- nine

As Pearl rised, she tumbled slightly. Zach caught her and helped to steady her. Her head was so light, she thought that she would faint at any moment. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, not letting go of her hand. She nodded, and held the side of her head. She looked down to see the few men that were surrounding their king were now on their knees.

"You're magesty"

Pearl looked around until she realised that they meant her.

"What is your oreder for us?"

Pearl looked to Zach, who just nodded at her. 

"I want you to make sure that his body is safe" she started, pointing to the Alpha King. "And I want you to find the other royals and tell them to stop the fighting immediately. That Pearl was ready to speak with them."

They all nodded, running off in different directions.

"Come on, we need to go and find my husband" She muttered to Zach, before sprinting off towards nowhere in particular.

As they ran, Pearl saw many things that she had never wished to see. People being stabbed, strangled and very hurt. She didn't want to look at it all, but she knew that she had to.

She had to to move on

"Pearl!"

It was from Luke. 

He looked really stressed out as he ran over. On his way, he used the swiope of a hand to push someone on the floor. Pearl paused.

She forgot that he had magic.

"Luke" she replied, hugging him quickly before releasing him. 

"I- I don't even know who I'm fighting with!" he exclaimed, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. "I mean, I'm not even fighting! I'm just defending my self! Layla is inside with the nuns and the children, so you could say that I was with you--- but then all my xinstincts point to my home team!"

Pearl nodded, trying her best to smile. 

"It'll be over soon. I'm going to talk to them"

He gasped and looked to Zach. He just nodded, a grim look about his face.

She began to walk off, and the other two followed silently. They dodged the fighting the best they could, until they heard a loud cry.

"Where is she?! Where is my mate?!"

Everyone stopped. 

"Move" the voice screamed again. 

People parted like the red sea, leaving Pearl and the two others in the middle. They were facing the opposite way to the voice, but they already knew who it was. 

She turned around to be faced with Vito's" blue eyes.

He stood a distance away, although he looked pained to be stood so far.

"Pearl" he whispered, as if finally realising that she was still alive.

She didn't reply. She silent, her head held up high.

"I refuse to talk to you if you continue to act so irrationally."

 King Vito was stratled momentarily, clearing not thinking that she would act this way. He probably thought that she would run into his arms, thanking him for saving her...

But no.

He straightened him self and nodded. 

"Vey well. Is there a place for us to discuss matters?" 

She nodded, knowing that they could use one of the meeting rooms. "I must find Alpha Blade first," she said, using her title.

"He's dead" 

Her eyes widened at his words. 

"I killed him. I thought you would be happy, your captur is dead" King Vito said, looking ightly confussed.

"Where is he?!" she screamed out taking a step away from Luke and Zach. Vito pointed a single, lone finger behind him. 

"Pearl!" a voice screamed out behind Vito.

It was Katie and John stood looking down. Pearl sprinted past Vito and to her two friends.

There he lay, eyes closed and drastiaclly pale. 

"NO!" She yelled out, crying wildly. 

She fell to her knees and cried harder. Her arms wrapped around his heavy body and brought him to her chest.

"No!" she screamed out again, hiding her face in his dark hair. 

He couldn't be dead... he just couldn't be! But not even Pearl coud deny the fact as he lay there still in her lap.

People had begun surrounding them, but she refused to let go of him. "I can't live without you! Blade, come back. COME BACK!" She screamed out. Her head was flung back as looked to the heavens, begging for some sort of miracle...

...but miracles just didn't happen.

*****

Pearl had fallen to sleep out of the exhaustion of her crying. Her husbond wasn't going to come back to her. 

He was gone.

But in Pearls dream, she felt a familiar auora...

"Flower"

There stood Blade at his full height. He was alive...

but he was dead.

"How are you...?"

"It's a dream. Like the ones we used to get together, before we met. Now that I'm dead, I get one last chance with my mate"

Pearl began to cry and he ran up to her and wrapped his arms around her. He shushed her, rubbing her hair soothingly. 

"Pearl, everythings gonna be alright" he said. 

She pushed herself off him and looked up into his soft brown eyes.

"But it won't be. We were only talking about it earlier... you said that we couldn't live without each other. Life isn't worth living without you...."

He stopped her short and put a finger to her lips.

"I said that about me. But you? You have so much left to live for! You have our children, you have more mates, and now you have a kingdom to look after! Pearl, you are going to be fine. Everything is gonna be alright"

He repeated that line again.

"ButI'm not strong enough without you... you're my only light" she whispered, trying to make sense to him. She couldn't be left without him... 

She just couldn't. 

"Pearl, I see the light in you that you don't even see your self; you just need to discover it"

Blade pecked a kiss onto her head, before walking away. She cried out for him to stop, but her feet just wouldn't move. She knew inside her self that that was the last time she would ever set eyes on Alpha Blade. 

She just needed to keep on repeating his lines.

"Everything was gonna be alright"

Words: 999

And that is what I call a book! There is still the epilogue to come, but then it's all done...

Question of the day: Did you enjoy this book?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.