Chapter twenty three

As Pearl tied her hair back in to a messy bun, she heard a knock on her door. She instantly walked up to it and swung it open to reveal a very stressed looking Katie. She had on a nice tight red dress on, whilst her brown hair was curled. She looked beautiful, but then again a little bit hagged. Held to the side of her body was little Harry, sucking away  at a bright pink dummy. "Are you still sure about this?" She asked, handing over Harry into her small arms. Pearl nodded eagerly. "You and John haven't been out in ages. The kids will be fine; just go and have a goood time for me; Kay?"

Katie and John had been wanted to go out on a day out together for months, but the child care was too tricky. Every body knew that Harry was a handful, and from what Pearl had heard; Xavier was a demon child. Of course nobody ever said this to Katies face though. But Pearl didn't seem to really mind. After all, she was really good with children.

After Katie was through the door, Pearl carried Harry in to the living room to see a boy sat on the sofa. Xavier. He had scruffy black hair and bright green eyes. He looked a bit like Katie, but nothing at all like Johnson. That is when Pearl remembered that he was Katies first son, before she met her mate. Pearl didn't know what happened, and didn't see why she needed to know. 

"Hi, are you Xavier? I'm Pearl, your mums friend" She said, placing Harry down next to some of his toy cars. The little boy just nodded, looking down in to his lap and banging his feet together. This child didn't seem like the devil; he seemed more of a little angel! "There is no need to be shy; now then, have you had breakfast yet?" Xavier just shook his head, fidgeting with the bottom of his black hoodie. Pearl just smiled and walked in to the kitchen, hoping to find some thing ready made.

In the end, she ended up walking back in with a bowl of  chopped up fruit and a chocolate bar. Not the best breakfast, but she was sure it would do. It was better than burning the pack house down! Xavier just stared at the chocolate bar in awe, as if he had never seen one in his life. "Are we allowed those for breakfast? Mummy would never let us!" He exclaimed, now crawling out of his little shell. Pearl just nodded, handing it over to him. "Well, your mummies not here today, now is she?" Pearl winked cheekily at him, setting off a round of giggles.

The rest of the day was spent watching kids programs and playing "Werewolves vs vampires". Pearl thought that this game was awfully related to her real life situation. Of course, she had devoted her self to Blade; she loved him, after all. But she also loved Vito. Maybe not as much, but it was still there. And every time she closed her eyes, she saw him. His cheeky grin. His dark blue eyes. Even his black hair seemed to stand out more than Blades. But then, Blade showed how much he cared for her. Whilst Vito... Vito didn't really show much love towards her. He was some body that she was great friends with, who would put butterfiles in to her stomach, make her feel un easy every time he spoke to her...

But did she really want that? To feel nervous and excited every time she was with him? She din't know much about love, but the giddy feeling wasn't good. It meant that she didn't know what was  to come... where as with Blade, she would never really feel nervous or excited. She would feel at peace... she knew exactly where she was going with him and what was going to happen. She was going to have his kids. Have a simple wedding. Become the Luna of the pack that she didn't know very well, or at least yet. She would live a plain life, one filled with good times, but nothing to over whelming. And overall, it was a safe one.

But then when Pearl really thought about a future with Vito, her stomach swirled with excitement. If she was to go back to him, he may not accept the kids she was pregnant with. Maybe Blade would keep them with him? But of course, she would visit often. And then with Vito... there would be adventures. Dangers. Twists and turns at every corner. And she thought that she would never tire of them... but he was immortal. She would grow old, along with her friends and family, whilst he stayed his twenty fiver year old self. Always and forever a hot hunk of a man. And would he even want her as she grew old? And what about a family; would they ever be able to settle down and have kids? Would he want that, like her? She thought he would go along with any thing to please her. Maybe Pearl really did still lov-

Her trail of thoughts were cut of my a kiss on her mark. It was Blade. "Hello my little flower. Had a good day?" he asked, coming around the sofa and taking a seat down next to her. Pearl just nodded, feeling guilty for thinking of Vito when she was engaged to another man. She really did love Blade, no matter what she felt for any one else. Maybe with time her feelings for Vito would fade away... "Blade?" she said, snuggling in to his broad chest. "Can we just watch a film tonight?" Her mate nodded, leading her up to his bed room where the biggest tv was. 

As they watched, Pearl became sad. It was about a young girl discovering her long lost family, and being re-united with them. Blade instantly picked up on her mood and kisssed her. "We can find out on your family tomorrow. Yeah?" She just nodded. He did so much to please her, and she gave him nothing back in return. Or at least, that was how it felt to her. They continued to lay there, in his massive bed, until she drifted of in his arms. And she saw the most unexpecting person in her dream.

Vito.

Words: 1065

Hi guys, really happy that you are all still reading my book. If you guys have any ideas, please send them in to the comment section below! If you want me to publish more frequently, comment more! And also, answer the questions of the day.

Sorry that I haven't posted in over a week, I just got back off holiday, so look out for more recent posts now!

Question of the day: Who do you think you would choose your self; Vito or Blade?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.