Chapter fourteen

Pearl was thrown down on to a hard floor, her back feeling as though it was broken. She tried to scream for help, but no matter how hard she tried, a disgusting gag prevented almost any noise. "Ello there little missy. Have a comfortable trip?" One of two men  said to her, giving her a quick double tap on the cheek. Tears streamed down her face. If only she had done what Vito had wanted her to do... then she wouldn't be here with these revolting men who might be planning to do the same thing with her.

"Awww, don't cry. We're not supposed to hurt you, special orders. But nobody said anything about touchin' ya..." As the two men laughed evily among them selves, Pearls attention was captured by a moving figure behind them. What was it?

Pearl tried her best to scream through the  cloth, but failed yet again. This was all her fault. She shouldn't have gotten so comfortable at the castle, especially around her mates. She should have just left with Peter, then none of this would have happened. She could only be greatful that they left little Petal behind.

As the men brung their attention back towards Pearl, something caused the first man to fall to the floor with a thud. His face landed right next to Pearls and she screamed in fright. The second man turned around, but not before a figure jumped up onto his back. The figure instantly snapped his neck and let him stumble to the ground.

Pearl tried to back away from the figure; he might try to hurt her too! Buy when she opened her eyes just a bit, she saw an out of breathe Peter! She tried her best to call his name, but it didn't work. He laughed lightly and slowly began to untie the gag. "PETER!" She screamed, wrapping her arms around his massive neck. "Its alright Pearl, you can leave freely now."

Pearl looked up at her brother in confussion. Leave? But why? And why did he address her and not them... was he not coming with her? "Look Pear; This is your chance for a new start! Go to a new village, start a life for your self. You can finally get away from those monsters" He said in disgust, wrinkling up his nose as high is it could go. "But why aren't you coming?"

"I'll lead them the oppisite direction, taking the cart, your clothes and his clothes" he said, pointing to one of the dead me. "You can wear a blanket from the cart as a dress, that way it will be harder to track your smell!" Pearl sighed. He had gotten this all worked out, hadn't he? "But I don't wanna leave you..." She sniffed, hugging him tighter. He nodded, agreeing with her. But he said that they had to be strong, and that he would come for her one day.

The two quickly said their good byes, after Pearl had changed into a dirty blanket. "Good luck" She said, kissing his cheek. "You too". And Peter was off... riding the cart as fast as the two horses would take them. Pearl was suddenly frightened... shouldn't she go back to the castle? But no, it would get Peter killed for him trying to lead them away from her. She sighed. "It would be fine... Just walk in a straight line until you find civilisation." she muttered to her self quietly, trying to give her self a slimmer of hope.

***********************************************************************************************

Pearl was so tired from walking, although she had no clue how long it had been. Peter said that she just had to keep walking and it would be fine... but maybe just a minute under that big cozy oak tree? Although, before she got the chance to properly weigh up her options, she heard a loud howl.

No... NO! They couldn't have found her already! This wasn't supposed to happen... she was supposed to keep going onward to start her new life. They were supposed to be following Peter instead. Even though; maybe this was a good thing? Her being found instead. They may go easier on her because of their connection, and she would say to let Peter continue. She knew that she would still have to be punished, but maybe not as bad?   

"Why are you on our land?" A gruff voice asked. She turned around to see a fully grown man, completely stark naked. Pearl tried to cover her eyes, but the man just growled. He must have been a werewolf. "D-do you work for the K-king?" She managed to stutter out, looking up at this heartless man. Although, the light smile that he put on his face other wise.

"Aha. I see. Your just a little human girl. Come on, I've still got to take you to see my Alpha" Pearl shook her head. "P-please don't... I-I will l-leave right now...he-he'll report me to the King!" The werewolf studied her for a few minutes before sighing. "Fine. If he mentions anything about reporting you, I will personally help you escape. Deal?"

Pearl didn't reply, but she took two steps closer to him. The man began to walk away, so she soon began to follow him. "Who are you?" she asked him, trying her best not to stutter. "The real question is who are you?" Pearl told him her first name, but knew she shouldn't reveal any more. At least not yet.

"Nice to meet you Pearl. I am Beta Johnson."

Words: 911

YO! Thanks for reading my book this far along. It means the whole entire world to me!

Question of the day: Do you think Pearl will be returned to the castle or not?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.