Chapter thirty- seven

3rd Person P.O.V

Pearl screamed. 

She was giving birth a week earlier than she should have with no strength what so ever.

She wasn' ready to give birth at all.

They had brought some things for the babies, but they were meant to go shopping that week. But that week?

It may never happen for them as a family.

Blade grabbed Pearl's hand in his. "Flower just keep breathing, okay? It's all going to be fine"

But was it though? She couldn't help but ask her self. Everybody had been telling her that it was going to be fine her entire life, but had it?

No.

No, her life was not fine. 

As the situation went on, she blacked out from every thing going on around her. She went through several flash backs of her life; key events to how she became who she was.

The first was her learning how to swim. She was in the river by her first home. Her dad was in the water too, not too far away from his little girl. "Come on sweetheart, you can do it" he called out to her. She kept on paddling until she was safe in his arms. Her mother and big brother clapped her well on the side of the bank. 

But then the picture emerged into the day she was taken away from her parents. Her father did nothing; it was the first time he had never fought for his little girl. Her mother still screamed, begging for them to bring her children back... the noise still rung out loud in her ears. 

And then it was just her and Peter, in their tiny little cottage. It showed a few times that she remembered, nothing of major significance. Except for the last one; she had just run in from the garden. The girls down the road had made fun of her. She didn't go to school because they were too poor, and of course, that made her a target. But that was the day that Peter had told her that she was amazing. That she was going to make a difference...

But neither of them had realised how true that was.

Then it was her with the Royal Beta Jackson. He had her pinned up against the door, smelling into her neck possessively. It was then, at that moment, that Pearl actually thought that she was safe; that she would have someone in her life to be there for her. But of course, Jackson soon fled the picture.

Then it was her and Vito. Oh, Vito; she had thought about him a lot on the past few weeks. What would have happened if she had stayed there, with him?  The memory was of the first time that they had kissed. It was a major part in her life, that was for sure. And without it, she would have never felt real love.

"Pear..." a voice called out to her. "Pearl? Oh Flower, please still be alive..."

She opened her eyes. 

Silence.

It was no longer as loud as it was before. Most of the nurses had evacuated, except for one and Doctor Reynolds. There was also Katie, john, and of course Blade;

Her husband.

"Look" he whispered to her as if she would break at any moment. There, in his arms, were two little babies. 

He immediently placed the two in her arms, him taking the last off of Katie and into his. Pearl looked down at the two in her arms. 

Tears streamed from her eyes; she cried. 

"That one is Austin" Blade said pointing to the bigger one. He had his little eyes shut but was constantly scrunching and unscrucnhing his little nose. "And this one is Ryan"

The one in Blades arms was asleep too. He looked exactly like his brother; true triplets. 

"And the Saffron" Pearl whispered down at the other one. She was the only one awake. Her little eyes were open; blue. A dark gorgeous blue identical to her mothers. She smiled up at her mother, letting out a cute noise. Everyone in the room laughed.

She was the definition of adorable. 

Pearl stroked her head lightly, continuing to cry. She looked up at her husband;

He had tears swimming in his eyes, but he would never let him self cry in front of others.

But at least he cared exactly the same as her.

"Katie... you'll be one of their Godmothers, right?" Katie laughed lightly, tears of her own. 

"Of course I will be, I would expect nothing less" They both laughed, as she took Austin out of her arms to hold. Pearl was still extremely weak and couldn't take too much weight in her fragile arms.

"You need to rest first, of course" Blade started, "But then once you have healed, we can go out and buy anything you desire for them. We can decorate a room for them and create them a nursery as well, if that's what you want"

Pearl nodded strongly, smiling widely.

"Anything for you, Flower".

And inside, Pearl knew that it was true. Finally, she had a place to call home. She finally felt safe, as if she didn't have to worry about the hunters or her other mates. And most of all?

She finally felt loved.

Blade then took her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"You don't know how worried I was" he whispered. "I was so scared that I was going to lose you for good. I couldn't live without you, Flower. You are my world; I wouldn't have anything to live for without you. I wouldn't be able to go on knowing that it was all my fault..."

Pearl smiled, now finally knowing that the words he spoke were absolute truth. 

How?

She felt the same way.

"I love you" she whispered out to him.

"I love you t-"

Blade was cut off by the sounds of sirens. He passed baby Ryan to Katie and stood up as another pack member burst in.

"Sir" he started, clearly out of breathing.

"We're under attack"

Words: 977

AAHHHH!!!!!!!!! It's finally happening! I planned this the whole way through the book. I knew the ending before I knew the begining, so I really hope you guys enjoy it.

Question of the day: If you could let one main character die, who would it be and why?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.