Chapter five

"Layla, you didn't have to do this..." Pearl said, grating some cheese to put on top of the soup. At least she could do that. "Oh hush! If I let you do it all by yourself, the King Alpha would probably kill you him self for feeding his royal guests something so disgusting!" Pearl laughed as Layla grinned widely. She was probably right... although he didn't seem a very ruthless person when she ran into him, like everyone made him out to be. He actually seemed quite... well, quite a kind man. Although of course she wouldn't tell Layla this.

"Seeing as you aren't doing much Pearl, you can take this kind gentleman to the meeting. He is King Vitos' second, so please treat him with respect" Mrs.Potters said, a stern look upon her old and wrinkly face. Pearls' heart sank; she had to go into the meeting room... no. It would be fine. She would just go in, pour him some wine, and then leave. "This way" she mumbled. 

The boy couldn't have been to much older than her, maybe eighteen? He had messy blonde hair and simple blonde hair.. and this surprising to Pearl. All the other creatures she had met seemed to be incredibly hot... but he was just cute. It was nice to have someone a little more normal. "Um, I'm Luke Greener..I'm not a vampire, so you don't have to be afraid. I'm only a warlock." This seemed to stump Pearl. Why would the vampire king have a non vampire second in command? She was pretty sure that Warlocks were not immortal like vampires. "Your very pretty" he said suddenly, looking down at his feet. This put Pearl off track. He thought she was pretty? 

"I'm Pearl" She said, trying to break the ice a bit. He smiled at her, although he still had blush stained checks."I know" he said. Luke suddenly seemed to realise how creepy that sounded, and continued "I'm not a stalker I j-just meant I h-hear the lady say- in the kitchen- your name" Pearl giggled at how awkward he was being. She actually found it very cute. Luke joined in with her giggling, even if he still seemed a bit embarassed.

"You don't have to go in if you don't want to. I know that I don't even want to go in. Their all very..." he began, not knowing what to say. "Intimidating?" she finished, looking down at her hands. "Yes, that. I will sit my self down, you do not need to escort me." Pearl thanked him, as they continued to walk to the door of the room with small talk being passed between the two. "I wish you well, Pearl. I hope we meet again soon."

Pearl opened the door, having a quick look in on the room. It was filled with the powerful beings, although each species sat a fair space apart on the long table. Smiling at Luke as he walked in, she began to close the tall double doors. But she didn't close them in time before a voice with spoke up. "Human"

 Pearl took a small step inside, not even daring to look any of the in the eyes. "I need more wine. Come and pour it for me." The more girl quickly made her way over to the King of sirens and his son, looking down at her feet. She knew something like this would happen, she just knew it! Whilst she pour his wine for him, she noticed that his son wouldn't stop staring at her. As she began to put the top back o the wine, the siren spoke up. "Hey." She looked towards him, but of course not in the eyes. "Yes your highness?" she asked politely, remembering her manners. Now was not a time to mess up. "Why don't you come to the gardens with me tonight? I'm sure you'd find my company ... pleasant."

Pearl didn't know how to respond. If she said yes, he may laugh at her or his father would punish her. Not to mention Royal beta Jackson was only sat on the other end of the long table. But if she said no, she would be disrespecting a royal and would still be punished... "I.. I-" Luckily, Pearl was cut off by a familiar voice. "Pearl, please let me escort you back to your room. I am quite sure it's been a tiring day for you and I wouldn't want you to lose sleep over spending time with a young man who clearly is not your mate" Pearl looked up to see Jack walking towards her. Thank god for her mate.

"Who said shes not my mate?" Everyone in the room gasped, and Pearls head instantly snapped towards Jackson, fear struck in her eyes. "Your not her mate, trust me." King Vito stated, straightening his back. Wait, how would he know? Did Jackson already tell? "Yes, she is. Even my dad can sense shes supposed to be my future queen" The King of sirens nodded his head, agreeing with his son. What the hell was going on? The prince grabbed out his hand to Pearl, but didn't reach her before she swallowed into Jacksons' arms. It was clear to see how shocked everyone was at his actions.

After a minute of silence, King Vito was the first to speak. "Is she your mate, Royal beta Jackson?" Jackson nodded in response, still holding Pearl close to his chest. The vampire king sighed. "I was right. I always excpected it to be a werewolf or something, but no. It's this human." He stress fully ran a finger through his black hair, sighing yet again. "What is she then, smart ass?!" the King Alpha demanded, growling in annoyance. The frightening sound frightened Pearl as she dug her head in closer to Jackson.

"Shes the eclipse."

Words: 971

Hey guys! If you got this far, thank you! This stories just about to become a little bit more interesting.

Question of the day: What do you think the eclipse is?

Mia

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT