Chapter twenty two

Peters P.O.V

I'd been caught.

I had promised my self to keep going. To not stop. To not get caught. For Pearly.

But I had broken that promise In the first town I had stopped in. I had met the worlds most beautiful girl; if humans had mates that were also human, I would wish to have her. She was a small Indian girl, only about five foot two or five foot three. She was tiny; but if she was either tall or short, I would have loved her the same.

She had long black hair, and it was so silky I wanted to grab out and touch it. It wasn't like it was extreamely neat though; it was messy, long black strands falling out all over the place. She had a scarf wrapped around her head, tied in a bow at the top. It was cute. And her eyes were a soft hazelnut, that I could spot out almost instantly.  I must ahve been staring for God knows how long; but she must have felt the connection, because so had she. 

We talked for a bit, I took her out for a coffee with what little money I had. And I was right; she was just adorable! I was twenty one, and even though she looked extreamely young, she was twenty! After we talked so more and more, I walked her back to her one - bed apartment under the nights bright stars. When we reached her door, she got up on her tip toes and lightly pressed a kiss to my cheek. But that wasn't enough for me. I grabbed her face in to my hands and kissed her wildly.

We stripped off and got into her bed,  doing what made sense to us and our bodies. It was one crazy night; the best I think that I had ever had. And that was the first night that I had forgotten about my little sister. When we got up in the morning, I didn't want to leave her. I had already began to fall in love with her. And so I told her that I would try to stay with her for a few days; and the look on her face made it all worth it. 

After two nights had passed, I found my self very guilty; guilty because she was out cooking at her food stand, whilst I lived with her for free. So I got a job. I worked in the land, feeding animals and watching horses. It wasn't much, no. But it was enough to make a little bit of money. On the third night, Ruth had told me that her grandma had fallen sick in a few towns over. And I couldn't reject helping her out; so we got in my horse and carriage that I had used to escape the hunters and we were off.

After a day of traveling, it had been four days since I had left Pearls' side. And to be perfectly honest, I was feeling great not having to worry about my little sister any more. I regret not thinking about her now. I regret not being more careful whilst we were travelling. And most of all? I regret talking to my love, Ruth.

We had been captured my a pack of the kings' guards. And yes, I said we. They had taken in Ruth as well. It had been about an hour, and no body had come down to the cells to talk to us yet. Ruth was in the cell opposite, still laying lifeless after being drugged by those monsters. How could any body do that to such a beautiful flower?

The second I heard a moan, I looked over to my Ruth. She pushed her self up against teh wall and breathed in deeply. I think it took her second to notice me, and that I was still there with her. "Peter?" she asked in a high pitched voice of gold. I nodded, giving her my best lop sided grin. "It's me sweet heart" I coughed out,still smiling. She smiled for a brief moment before realisation hit her. "Peter, where are we?"

I explained to her the best I could, about my sisters and her mates, and how I had to help her get out. And I told her how sorry I was for dragging her into this, and that I was going to make it up to her. I would take her far far away from this place, and my sister, if she hadn't already been caught also. And Ruth just smiled at me, unexpectantly. "Peter, you did what was best for your family. And its okay; you don't have to feel it back, but I do; I love you, Peter. And ain't nothing gonna change that. Not my family, not the creatures, and especially not you."

I gave her my best grin. I knew that I loved her. I loved her form the since the second I layed my eyes on her. "I love you too sweet heart" I said, reaching my hand through the bars. She tried to do the same, but her arms were just too short. SO I pushed mine further, practically dislocating my shoulder in the process, but I ignored the pain. It ws worth it just to clasp on to her fragile hand for those few small moments.

"Ruth, sweet heart, I have some thing to ask you... you can say no if you want to..." I prayed to God that she wouldn't say no; She was all I had left at that moment in time. "Will you marry me once we're out of this dump?" Tears swelled up in to her tiny little yes, and for a second I thought that she actually might just reject me. Eventually she nodded, letting go off my hand to wipe her tears. 

"Yes Peter. I will marry you"

And so even when a certain king of blood suckers walked in, looking as though he would kill me, I just couldn't wipe the smirk off my face. And you can believe that I got a right beating off him for that.

Oh the things us men do for love.

Words: 1024

Hey guys, I can't actually believe you are still here reading this. And do you know why that is? Because you are not commenting! Comment and I will dedicate the next chapter to you in honor of you still being here. Also, keep sending in your covers! I only have like, two right now and would really appericiate some more.

Question of the day: What do you think of Reter ( Ruth and Peter) ?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.