Chapter seventeen

"What do you mean, 'second chance'?" Pearl asked as they both stood up awkwardly. Or at least Pearl did. Blade just happily smiled down at her. "There is such thing as a second mate, if you were to be rejected or they died. And your mine." he said, holding her hands in his. Pearl looked up at him confused. Another mate? No way!

"Its like you said, Pearl. Your just their mates... but maybe I'm yours" he admitted, smiling fondly down at her. Pearl didn't quite understand... but then something clicked. "Are you-" Blade nodded eagerly. "I'm the person in your dreams" he confessed sheepishly. She smiled widely. He was the man she felt so comfortable with? He was the one who had been there since the start?

She hopped up into his arms and gave him a massive hug. "Thank you" she mumbled, burying her head into his neck. He smelt exactly like honey comb mixed with chimney smoke... it may sound disgusting,  but it was a homely feeling to Pearl. And for him, she smelt like chocolate and pine cones. Pearl was happy.

***********************************************************************************************

When the two got back to the mansion, Pearl was sneezing like mad, her hair was dripping, and she was cold from wearing a crop top. Blade had tried his best to keep her warm the whole way, but was forced to remove his arm when they arrived. They had agreed to keep it secret for just a little bit longer.

The Beta and another women walked up to them when they arrived. "We were attacked by a rouge, or maybe one of the Kings men; it was hard to tell. Raise the defences and get more werewolves on watch at any given time" Alpha Blade barked at him, standing next to Pearl. "This is Katie, my Betas' mate. I'm sure she will help you go get cleaned up" he acknowledged Pearl.

The women that stood before her had shoulder length brown hair was deep green eyes. "Hi, I'm Katie. Lets go see if we can find you a nice dress, hmm?" she said, taking Pearls hand in her own and leading her up to what she presumed to be her and Beta Johnsons' room. But when they arrived, a really little boy with blonde waddled up to them off the bed, in only a vest and a nappy. 

"This is my son, Harry" she said, picking him up and resting him on her side. "He just turned two a few days ago, on the 14th November." Pearl haulted. She stared at Katie; she hadn't realised that it had been that long... "When was the seventeenth?" Katie laughed and told who it had been the yesterday. "Then I missed my birthday..." 

Katie gasped loudly. "NO! You should never miss your birthday! Come on, lets get you changed. We can celebrate your birthday tomorrow with the pack..." Pearl didn't feel as though it would be right to celebrate her birthday with a load of people that she didn't know. Yeah, Katie seemed nice... of course she wanted the Alpha there, but they had chosen to keep it a secret. And she didn't really like Beta Johnson, he just seemed like a rude and arrogant prick. A bit like her dick of a mate, the siren prince.

Pearl got changed into a tight pink dress, that wrapped around her body, but loosened out a lit out at the legs, only going down to her knees. It didn't have a straps, but instead had a band the same shade of pink wrapped around her body an arms. She wore nude high heels, as well as a nude lip stick to match; Katie insisted that she wore some make up too... okay, a lot of make up! She put on heap loads of mascara and light to dark eye shadow. To be honest, she looked really pretty. And Katie said maybe at dinner she could meet someone in the pack, possibly her mate.

Ha.

If only she knew.

As the two girls walked down for dinner, Pearl gasped. There were two long tables, each filled with at least seventy people, all eating dinner. And this wan's even a quarter of the pack! When they got down, they both went to the end of the table. Alpha Blade was sat at the end, his Beta on one side with Katie going to sit next to him, and a free spot on this other side. 

The Alpha stared dumbly at Pearl, taking in her looks. "Uhh... P-pearl, sit next to me" he managed to stutter out quietly, without any of the pack members noticing. As she sat down, Blade gave out an awkward cough, before tucking into his food. "Ummm... what would you like to eat? Because I know there is a lot of raw meet..." he said looking over the dishes like an idiot. "I can eat some pumpkin soup, Alpha. Thank you" she said politely, only taking one scoops worth of soup. 

Blade shook his head, grabbing the soup and putting three more scoops into her bowl. "Uh Uh Uh, your too small as it is! You have to start eating more, flower." he whispered down at her, staring at her tiny body. She knew that she a bit on the small side... but was she really that bad? Pearl looked down at her skinny body in disgust. He was right; she was disgusting! The Alpha quickly shook his head, taking her hand under the table. "NO, Your perfect, flower. Your the most beautiful creature I have ever seen!  We just need to add a few pounds on, okay?"

Pearl smiled lightly at him, taking a small sip from her soup. It taste really funny, and she didn't really like it, but she continued to eat it any way. There was no point in upsetting the Alpha and his cooks on the first meal with the pack.

***********************************************************************************************

When Pearl got back to her room with Katie, she went straight to the bathroom and thew up. She knew something wasn't right with that soup... but what about all the other people who were eating it?  At that second, the Alpha burst in looking angry. But Pearl couldn't cower away from him, she was too ill to do so, leant up against the toilet. "I asked the cooks; it was filled with blended raw chicken!" he almost screamed, demanding Katie to leave.

Blade bent down to his sick mate and stroked her face face. "I'm really sorry, flower, I should have checked. This was all my fault, I-" But Pearl cut him off by wrapping him up into a big massive hug. "It wasn't your fault. I should have double checked, I knew I was eating with a pack of wolves. I'm going to be better by the morning you don't have to worry." 

Blade glared playfully at his mate, Pearl grinning half spirited. "And somebody told me that your birthday was the date my last mate died... so I guess were just gonna have to celebrate in tomorrow, huh?" He requested, looking deep into her eyes. "Okay" she said, giggling.

"I have already gotten you a present"

Words: 1184

Yolo! Thanks for reading! Comment for a shout out in the next chapter ;)

Question of the day: What do you think Blade got Pearl?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.