Ford

How You Meet

You took a deep breath, swatting a tree branch away from your face. You were taking a well deserved walk through the woods. Gravity Falls has quite a bit of wooded land, which was fine by you. As of right now, you're exploring the few acres of land you own behind your newly acquired home. It was pretty much in the middle of the woods, but you preferred it that way. Your closest, and only, neighbor was a large wooden shack a but further down the road. You ducked under another branch and found yourself in a small clearing. As You were admiring it you began to hear loud thumping. It almost sounded like footsteps, but what could have footsteps that loud? You looked around trying to see what was making that much noise, but with your luck it would probably find you before you find it. The thumping got louder, and the ground started to vibrate with each step, which you knew meant it was getting closer to you. In a bit of panic, you hid behind a tree that was wide enough to hide your frame. The thumping and vibrating got more intense, then it suddenly stopped. You glanced behind the tree, hoping to catch a glance of... whatever it was. You paled as you saw the creature. It was huge, which explained the vibrating footsteps. You certainly didn't fail to notice the mysteriously glowing red eyes and sharp teeth. He glanced in your direction and you quickly hid behind the tree again. You pressed your back against the tree and gasped at the sight of the man standing directly in front of you. He swiftly placed a hand over your mouth to stop you from screaming. "Relax," he whispered, "I'm not going to hurt you." He glancing behind the tree and let go of your face. You only caught a glimpse of his hand, but it looked larger than normal. "Stay here," he pulled a gun from a holster under his trenchcoat and you tensed, "and be quiet." He left the shelter of the tree and headed straight for the creature. This guy must be nuts, You thought. You knees felt weak so you slid down to a sitting position. The creature roared and you jumped, pulling your legs to your chest. You were practically shaking as you listened to the battle going on behind you. You closed your eyes and covered your ears, hoping to block out the noises of the creature. You thought the worst when things got uncharacteristically quiet. Oh my god he's probably dead, its probably gonna kill me next. You began to panic. "Hey-" you screamed, the sudden voice catching you off guard. The man standing in front of you jumped at the outburst but otherwise didn't react. "Uh, its gone. I dont think it'll be coming back anytime soon." You let out a breath, "what was that? I've never seen anything like that in my life." He smirked, "you must be new to town then." He offered a hand and you took it, but you did notice his extra finger. "What are you doing out here?" He asked suspiciously. "I, uh, just bought the house at the edge of the woods. I w-wanted to explore some of the land." That answer seemed to satisfy him. "So you're the new neighbor?" "N-Neighbor?" He paused but then smiled. "You're still in shock. I know how to make a rather effective tea that will help. I've got the ingredients back at my place-" "I-I don't even know you." He seemed taken aback. "Oh, right, of course. Where are my manners? My name is Stanford Pines. Although most people just call me Ford." He held a hand out to you with a small smile. You hesitated, but took it. He did save you from that monster after all. Plus, he seemed trustworthy. "Y/N." After letting go of your hand, he looked as though he didn't know what to say next. "Uh, you mentioned tea?" You broke the silence. "Right! My mother used to make the most calming Chamomile tea-" he led the way to his place, chattering on and on about herbs and the creatures that live in these woods. You were happy to listen, after all, you lived in these woods now too, so you needed to be prepared in case anything like this happens again.

Hanging Out

"You're such a cutie!" You cooed, rubbing waddles' head. "Huh?" Ford spun around in his chair to give you a confused look. You snickered, "Not you. Waddles." "Ah, well as I was saying-" he spun back around in his chair and begun ranting about his latest invention. From the little you could understand, he was trying to make a gun that would be able to hurt someone named Bill. Whoever that was. Most of what came out of his mouth was really complicated science terms. Who knows what he's saying right now. Well, he isn't saying anything now. Oh wait, he's looking at you. Did he ask something? Oh god what was the question?? "Well, what do you think?" You asked. He thought for a moment before answering, god knows what the answer was. How could he possibly say so many things that you didn't understand? "I agree." You said when he was finished. He smirked and shook his head before tinkering again. That was a close one. Eventually he will find out that I'm actually really dumb compared to him. But for now, my secret is safe. You mentally gave yourself a pat on the back and started playing with waddles again, who oinked happily now that your undivided attention was back on him. "Oh, and Y/N?" You glanced up at Ford who looked at you over his shoulder, "I know you have no idea what I'm saying half the time." Damn it.