Bill

How You Meet

The bell above the door chimed as you exited the diner and started your long trek home. You were about halfway through the town when a familiar face waved at you from across the street; a kid you had met while living here for the past few weeks. You raised your hand to wave back when you froze. At first, your brain couldn't comprehend what you were seeing. Everything had been suddenly turned black and white. And the stillness really put you on edge. The people, the town, everything was frozen in place, like a paused video game. Once you managed to shake off the original shock you dropped your hand back to your side, unsure of what to do. Welp, I guess this is my life now, was your first thought. What the hell do I do now, was your second. Now I know what your thinking. Who the hell would be this calm in a situation like this? Well, after living in Gravity Falls for nearly a month you have pretty much gotten used to weird shit like this happening. A distant laughter made your shoulders tense. You weren't sure if it was getting closer or just louder. Probably the former knowing your luck. "Well, Well, Well." you shrieked upon hearing the sudden voice right behind you. Your natural instinct was to swing first ask questions second, so you did. Naturally. However, that plan completely backfired when the mysterious person dodged your flying arm and poked your side. At first you were confused by his odd action, but it soon made sense when you realized you could no longer move any part of your body. Except for your eyes of course, which were now looking around wildly trying to catch a glimpse of your opponent. "Whoa, calm down, lady. You nearly hit me upside the head." That was kinda my intention. You thought sarcastically. You were a little startled by his sudden laughter and briefly wondered if he could read your mind. "Heh... Feisty. Now that you're no longer trying to kill me, I can get a decent look at you." The man circled around to stand in front of you and placed a hand on his chin, examining you. He had an eye patch and... Is that hat floating? Who the hell is this guy? You thought bitterly. His one good eye widened and his hand fell away from his chin as if he realized something. "Oh, of course. How silly of me. My name is Bill. Bill Cypher." He held a hand for you to shake and you didn't. Mostly because of the fact that you're body was still completely frozen in place. "Come on, don't leave me hanging." He said after a moment, wiggling his hand in front of you. "Heh," he raised his hands in a 'I mean you no harm' sorta way, "that was a joke. I was joking." You wanted to roll your eyes but didn't want to piss off the obviously powerful entity you were dealing with. "Well, are you gonna tell me your name?" He asked before raising an eyebrow. It was quiet for a moment and you realized he was waiting for an answer. Another joke presumably. This time you did roll your eyes. He laughed quietly, raising a hand to your head. The tips of his fingers touched your temple and your life flashed before your eyes. It felt like forever before he pulled his hand away, but in reality it was just a few seconds. "Huh, you're not like the other people who've moved into this town." He said thoughtfully before smiling. "I'm gonna have fun playing with you. Until next time, Y/N." He snapped his fingers and you woke up with a gasp. You were laying on the sidewalk, a few familiar faces hovering over you. "Are you ok, Y/N? You hit your head pretty hard on your way down." Thompson said, placing a hand on the side of your head. You winced in pain when he touched a sensitive part of your scalp. He smiled apologetic at your reaction and removed his hand. "What happened?" You muttered, sitting up. "You just passed out mid-step. Smacked your head on the concrete. Gotta say though, 10 outta 10 would watch again." Robbie joked, earning a smack on the back of the head, delivered by Lee.

Hanging Out

"So I said, Pyronica, you can't just eat the High Zepheil of Helion 2. It's undignified!" He exclaimed before adding quietly, "and illegal, but that's beside the point." You listened with half an ear, not really understanding most of what he was saying. Chatting with Bill is kinda like chatting with a child. Kids will say, 'hey watch this' only to jump and spin and you have to pretend like that was super interesting. With Bill however, he will say, 'hey watch this' and pull all the teeth out of a deer and you have to try not to throw up. You have to have a certain amount of patience to hang out with Bill. Luckily you have that patience. "And she said I was the undignified one!" You could tell he was offended so you added in a well timed, "no way!" "Yes way! I've never once aspirated a Daekin Espirage, but she's probably done it half a dozen times." What in the hell is he talking about, is what you were thinking. "You're totally right," Is what you said. He flopped onto your couch with an exhausted sigh. He seems to have burned himself out for now. But knowing him, this won't last long. There was about a minute of sweet cherished silence before he sat up quickly, "and don't even get me started on Xanthar!"