Chapter 4

"Okay Lydia stay with Lexi or Melvin, don't bother me, and if anything happens to you just know I'm kicking everyone's ass." Marcus said before we entered the home.

"Lexi, Melvin, ass-kicking, got it." I repeated back to him.

"Lydia!" I heard Lexi yell as she came out of the house.

"Lexi! You look so good!" I complimented her,"Hey Marc I have to put my purse back in the car real quick can you unlock it?"

"Yeah sure," He unlocked it and I ran, pulling off my cardigan and walking quickly behind Lexi as my brothers walked into the party.

We walked into the house and I was immediately overwhelmed. I could smell people smoking, and the air was hot from all the dancers in the living room. There was a strobe light and people were busy chatting away. Lexi dragged me into the kitchen where they were mixing drinks.

A cute blonde guy saw us and walked over. I'd never met him, but I knew he was a junior at our school.

"Hey ladies," He smiled. I felt Lexi tense up next to me, she had a weakness for blondes.

"Hey," I said, unaffected by his charm, I was into brunettes myself.

"What can I get you two?" He asked. I thought about it for a second, would my brothers kill me? Yeah they would.

"I don't' dri-" I barely got out before Lexi interrupted.

"She'll have a dirty sprite, and you can give me a shot of whatever you got there." She said smoothly, she probably practiced for scenarios like this. I laughed thinking about her practicing on her teddy bear collection.

"Alright sweetheart," He smiled and walked to the counter.

"What the hell was that?" I whisper yelled.

"I don't know it just happened!" She whispered back amazed at herself. I watched as the guy got our drinks, making sure he didn't drop anything in it, you could never be too sure.

"Here you ladies go," He handed Lexi and I our drinks and got one for himself, "Bottoms up."

Lexi and he downed their shots and I took a sip of my drink. It burned and took all my power not to gag.

"I gotta go but I'll see you later?" He asked Lexi.

"Sure, whatever," She replied casually. Once he left I turned to her and grinned.

"You like him," I sang out.

"No I don't shut up," She laughed, "How's your drink?"

"Horrible," I grimaced.

"Well finish it, let's go dance." She urged. I swallowed my drink and followed her onto the dance floor.

We both started swaying and moving to the music, when suddenly Low came on, everyone started cheering and singing along, some of the girls actually started getting low, it looked fun but I wouldn't dare, who knew where my brothers were. I was just glad Joseph didn't come because he would have stuck to me like glue.

The song eventually changed, it slowed down per someones request and I stopped to take a breath.

"May I have this dance?" I asked Lexi.

"Why of course!" She laughed. I spun her around and we both burst into a fit of giggles. I guess the alcohol was getting to me. While we caught our breath some one tapped my shoulder.

"Can I cut in?" It was the blonde from the kitchen.

"Be my guest." I smiled. He grabbed Lexi's hand and pulled her to him. I looked at her and she signaled it was okay so I walked off. I found Melvin and walked towards him.