"Welcome to Moon Hills"

Present

°S E B A S T I A N°

I never thought that for my inquisitiveness that night, I have to suffer so painfully. At the core of my heart, settled a tint of terror, that stole the tranquility of my sleep forever.

Every night since that day I find a distinctive urge, I find myself drawn to the forest and a certain feminine voice throbbed at my ears terrorizing my sleep "You ought to embrace your nature. You can't live under the shadow of the humans forever."

"You can't run away from us Sebastian Misthood. You can't."

I would gasp, fluttering my eyes open but today, my vision caught a glimpse of Serena eyeing from the doorstep. "So you lied, You are still having those dreams."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Seb, Stop lying."She took gradual steps towards the room, and gently grabbed the chair and took her seat by my bed. "State one good explanation of why you keep on lying to me about it?"

"You want an explanation." I snapped, "Look at your neck. You still have that mark. It's been 10 years and that mark is still there clasp to your skin. I have given you enough trouble, I don't want you to bother about my stupid nightmares."

She placed her hand on my face, "It was not your fault."

"You think?" I jerked away, "Don't you get tired of people asking you about that mark. If I had buried my unwanted curiosity that day and listened to your words, rather than mocking at you neither of us had to face it on the first place."

She gave a long sigh, as her light green eyes pierced at my blue ones, "Fine." She stood up to leave, "But know this, whatever you started ten years ago need to be ended and I will help you do that, no matter what." She banged the door close and her footsteps echoed throughout the house.

°°°

°S E R E N A°

After that night, a lot of things changed. Seb started to have a nightmare, I grew afraid with each and every day, even the glimpse of the forest was enough you give me heartache.

As my feets reached downstairs, Mom and Dad looked alert. "Is your brother awake, sweety?" Mom asked while Dad's hand reached for the newspaper from the nearby table.

I nodded and made my way towards the table and settled on my seat which was across Seb's.

I never knew what it was but sometimes, I felt as if they aren't our real parents, they never spent much time with us and, are always busy with their lives.

They always leave us alone in this house and go around traveling to different places.

"Serena, We have something to say." My dad said running his hands through his brown hair. "We are going to Chicago for one week and as usual you two need to stay here."

"What's there in Chicago, you two seem to go there each and every month." Seb's voice interrupted us.

"Why don't you take us along with you?" I asked

"Serena, We can't take you because--." My father hesitated.

"Because?" Seb and I seem to say that at the same time.

"Because you have school." My mother said turning towards me. "And you have college?" My eyes shifted to my father, whose eccentricities were way too noticeable for me.