"Tiara Lavington"

°S E R E N A°

The unusual, whirling fog covering the damp earth of the forest was my first cue to go home, but my legs defined common sense, carrying me further as my eyes search intently for the unknown

There's no one.

Tucking the sweat-drenched strands of my hair into my loose bun; I let my feet settle on the pedals of my bicycle again, Then, the fear kicked in, pushing me down the hill and driving me all the way home.

My thoughts about that new boy began to scream through my brain.' I was out of that library way too fast, in fact, it was inhumane.' On clicking the main gate open, My eyes caught a glimpse of an unfamiliar girl, who walked her way towards me, with a huge smile distracting my thoughts.

She wore a red top, with denim shorts, her short brown hair was tied to a ponytail. "Hey there." She said in a soft voice and stretched her hand towards me.

"Hello. I am guessing you are our new neighbor." I took her hand and gestured towards the house that stood a few distances away from us.

Her eyes squinted, which raised my eyebrows for a few seconds. She smiled and snatched her hand away, "Yup. By the way, I am Tiara."

"Serena Misthood and if you need anything just call us."

°S E B A S T I A N°

The sound of boots we're heard near the doorsteps, I turned my head to gaze at my sister, who bounced the bag at the couch beside me and started moving upstairs without uttering a word.

"How's school?" I asked, with my eyes fixed on the phone. She halted and twisted around to stare at my face. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just weird when you ask that." She answered, and paced towards the sofa, taking her seat beside me.

"Mm. Where were you during that earthquake?" I asked when she started gazing at her fingers, I was sure that something might have happened.

"In the library." She muttered.

"What's wrong?"

"I could have been horribly injured today. A boy saved my life but that isn't something that's bothering me, the thing that's bugging me is how he did that."

"What do you mean?"

"I was out of that library within a fraction of second."

"Are you sure?" I asked placing a hand over her shoulder.

"Yes." She answered. I didn't have any idea about what to say anymore. "Anyways, what about you? Anything new?" She asked.

"I met this girl today, her name is Ivy," I said.

"Seb, you met many girls every day, that's not an exception.' She replied sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and continued, "She happens to provide me with her number and I am going on a date with her."

"O my God."

"I know."

"She is going on a date with you, I guess she has a terrible choice in men." I shot her a glance, which stopped her laughter for a few seconds. "I was kidding."

"Then stop kidding and tell me how to impress her." I snapped and Serena being Serena burst into laughter. "If you laugh one more time, I will break your cycle."