"Power"

°S E R E N A°

The creature roared in his blood curling voice. My legs were shaking, I just wanted to run away from here.

At first, It came running towards Zera. She looked towards the creature and some kind of light rays fell from her eyes. Her eyes were blood red. The creature began to scream, it tried to deflect the rays but couldn't. Zera's attack was making the creature more angry. It came running towards Ronald and  jumped over him. He was struggling to get that creature off him but he COULDN'T. Andy casted many spells. Even though the monster reacted, it didn't get off from Ronald. Andy didn't stop either. Zera tried to remove the creature too but he didn't move.

All this time, I was standing and watching. I felt useless as well as angry over myself as I couldn't help them. Ronald was screaming which made me feel like killing myself. All of a sudden I noticed a spear fallen on the ground. I guess this is the right thing to do. I went towards the spear, picked it up and walked towards the creature slowly.

'You can do this Serena' I said to myself and I stabbed the creature from the back.

It went straight through the creature. Everybody was shocked I guess they didn't think that I could do that even I didn't know that I could that.

"That's my girl." Zera said. "I am impressed." The creature screamed and then he turned towards me. Its eyes were red and I could see blood draining out from its chest. It held my neck tightly and raised me up.

I was chocking. I tried to remove its hand. I could hear everyone saying "Leave her! You bloody Asshole."

Suddenly, some memories flashed in my mind. I recalled the last time I saw my grandfather, Adam misthood. He was smiling towards me. "You are rare Serena dear. Whenever you are in trouble remember me. I will always protect you."

Suddenly there was a flash, All of sudden, I started to feel a peculiar form of heat and then I heard the boar roaring. It removed its hand from my neck. I fell down on the ground. I could feel the heat. I don't know how but I could. After some time the boar stopped roaring. I glanced towards its direction. There was nothing but it half-burned dead body.

"How did you do this?" Andy asked in amusement.

"Do what?"

"This."

"I don't know, I just happened."

"You burned this freaking demon only by a touch of your hand, Serena."

"What?" I burned the demon just by touch but how can it be possible.

"Awesome you can control fire," Ronald said smiling.

°°°

After 5 minutes of walking safely, we heard a gunshot.

"Gunshot! It means Eric and Camilla are in danger." Andy shouted.

We ran towards the direction from where the sound was coming. We were running continuously for 15 minutes but we couldn't find them.

Suddenly, we heard a scream. We ran towards the sound and came across a river.

"I guess the sound came from here," Zera said.

Suddenly, I saw someone raising a hand from the river. "Look!" I shouted pointing towards the river.

"Zera and Serena! Stay here." Ronald ordered.

"No, you stay here with Miss VIP here. I go with the nerd." Zera protested. She glanced at me and then back at Ronald , "She is single, you know. You might want to take a shot."

"Zera!" Ronald replied.

"What wolfie, Are you gay?"

"You stay here, okay?"

"Fine. Boss."

"Shut up!" He said and She winked at him.

I think I was an asshole who thought that Ronald was a bad and cruel person. The truth is that I never met anyone who takes so much care of someone he barely knows.

Ronald and Andy hurried towards the river. They opened their shirt and threw it towards the ground and dived into the river at the same time.

I don't know why but I couldn't look at Ronald with his bare chest. I was almost blushing.

"I think he loves you," Zera said in a rough voice looking downwards and placing a hand over her hips.

"What? No, He is just a nice friend and person."

"Well." She took a deep breath. "Don't you think he takes care of you too much. He barely knows you. "I didn't say anything. How could she even think about it. Ronald was just a good friend and a nice person."Nobody takes so much care of the person they have just met.

Let me tell you one thing. That day when Alex Johnson betrayed us. You remember that day right."

"Yup, Zera."

She did not give any reaction to my words and continued "When he woke up that day. The first thing he said was where is Serena. At first I thought Serena must be his mother's name then I remembered you are Serena."

I looked at her.

"Yes. You don't know how he reacted when you were kidnapped from the Angelic church."

"What did he do?"

"He became so desperate, he was looking for you everywhere. He didn't even sleep those days."

"What? Why?"

"How will I know that?" Zera was teasing me. "I am not his girlfriend. I wish I was. I would have told him to massage my back with his super strength"

" You are gross."

"I am a demon. What did you expect."

There was long silence after our conversation. I was clear about one thing that from now on I will feel more awkward in front of Ronald than I was before.

"Well, You are lucky. You will have another boyfriend after Alex is gone."

I glared at her. "Will you stop? Alex is not my boyfriend. " She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"Yeah right but you two will make a good couple."

°°°

"Don't you think it's been too long since they have gone," I asked.

"Yeah! Misfit You are right." Zera answered. "I think I should go there."

"What do you mean by I should go. I will go with you too." I argued

"What are you going to do there except getting into trouble?" She said in an insulting tone.

"But you can't leave me alone here," I answered in a low voice.

"Fine but you have to stay with me."

"Okay"

Zera and I dived into the water. Though the land looked horrifying but everything down here was still beautiful.

"Look!" Zera exclaimed.