JOLT Chapter 1: Origins

IT'S HERE! AFTER A WHOLE TWO MONTH IT'S FINALLY HERE! I know you all have been patiently waiting for this chapter to come out and it's finally here. Now on to JOLT!

Third person P.O.V.

Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past.

Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful. But he was born in an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness, creatures of destruction. The creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However,  even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named, "Dust". Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness and in the shadow's absence, came strength, civilization and most importantly, life.

 But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone, darkness will return. So, you may prepare your guardian's, build your monument's to a so-called free world but take heed there will be no victory in strength. But perhaps victory in is the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul.

Jace's P.O.V.

I'm on an airship staring out the window into the city of Vale. Beacon, huh, never thought I'd see myself make it. Never thought I'd make it into any school. I hear the news report turn on so I tune in.

News reporter: The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities.

I growl and scoff at the sound of Roman's name, I want him dead. No jail sentence is going to be enough, he needs to die and I want to be the one to put the bullet in his head.

News reporter: If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa.

Lisa: Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Right's protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted...

The news report gets cut off and cuts to Goodwitch. Adam and Roman, will both die to my hands. Mark my words.

Goodwitch: Hello, and welcome to Beacon! My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world.

The hologram cuts off, weird felt like there was more to it than intended. I look out the window and I see Beacon, what a view, much different than a farm. I look over to my right and I see a guy staring in space. He seems to have spotted me and is walking over to me, oh no this is bad.

Terroni's P.O.V.

I see some sort of cowboy looking at me and I feel like he seems pretty cool. I walk over to introduce myself.

Terroni: Hey, I'm Terroni, what's yours.

He doesn't respond, he just stays silent.

Terroni: Ok, either you are a man of few words, you're mute, or you don't trust people too much.