JOLT Chapter 3: The Shining Beacon, Part 2

Nothing really to talk about here so if I have nothing to talk about from here on out I'll just skip straight to the story.

Terroni's P.O.V.

I walk into the main hall and see Jace so I decide to at least stand by him if not talk to him. I stand near him and he just eyes me. 

Terroni: You know, you don't have to like me, just don't hate me.

Jace: No comment.

Terroni(Soprano's Voice): Alright listen here buddy, I didn't kill my family, run from the governmental laws, get captured by Ironwood, and come to Beacon just to get ignored by some Toy Story Woody bitch ass wanna be, spit shooting, no good for nothing cowgirl.

Terroni(In head): Soprano, get out of my head!

Soprano: No.

Jace: And I didn't come here to talk to huntsman wanna be's. At least I'm not a criminal who had to get their records erased to get into Beacon.

Terroni: You know what, fine. I never wanted to be your enemy, I just didn't want you to hate me.

I walk off and Ozpin begins to speak.

Ozpin: Ahem...I'll keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you and all I see is wasted energy in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Liberty's P.O.V.

That Ozpin guy really has a way with words. I felt like he was an entirely different person though. As if he wasn't Ozpin for a second. Nah that's crazy talk.

Glynda: You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed!

Later that night

Blake and I are sitting in the corner, she's reading a book and I'm playing on my scroll. All of a sudden little red riding hood walks up to us.

Blonde(sing-song): Helloooo! I believe you three may know each other!

Blake: Aren't you that girl that exploded?

Little Red Riding Hood: Uhh, yeah! My name's Ruby.

So Ruby is her name, makes sense cause it's a shade of red and she has red on. She outstretches her hand out to Blake but she doesn't take it, so I take her hand instead.

Liberty: And I'm Liberty.

Ruby: Oh, but, you can call me... crater...

Liberty: Are you sure crater?

Crater: Yeah, actually you can just call me Ruby.

Blake: Okay.

I can hear the two of them whispering to each other.

Blonde: So... what's your name?

Blake: Blake.

Blonde: Well, Blake, I'm Yang!

So Yang and Ruby, they look kind of like sisters.

Yang: I'm Ruby's older sister!

That explains it.

Yang: I like your bow!

Blake: Thanks.

Yang: It goes great with your... pajamas!

Oh dear Oum she's panicking, I'm cringing right now.

Blake: Right...

Yang: Nice night, don't you think?

Blake: Yes. It's lovely. Almost as lovely as this book... that I will continue to read... as soon as you leave.

Yang: Yeah, this girl's a lost cause.

Ruby: What's it about?

Blake: Huh?

Liberty: Um, trust me, you don't want to know.

Ruby: But I do want to know. Your book, does it have a name?

Blake: Well...

Liberty: Oh no here we go.

Blake: It's about a man with two souls, each fighting for control over his body.

Sounds like some sort of Chronicle* legend.

Yang: Oh, yeah... that's real lovely...

Ruby: I love books. Yang used to read to me every night before bed. Stories of heroes and monsters... they're one of the reasons I want to be a Huntress.

Blake: Why is that?

Oh no she's got Blake started, it's only a matter of time before she crushes her soul.

Blake: Hoping you'll live happily ever after?

Ruby: I'm hoping we all will. As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books. Someone who fought for what was right, and who protected people who couldn't protect themselves.

Blake: That's very ambitious for a child. Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale.

Ruby: Well that's why we're here...

She is taking Blake's moodiness surprisingly well.

Ruby: To make it better.

Yang: Ohhh, I'm so proud of my baby sister!

Ruby: Cut it out!

They both start fighting as a cloud engulfs them.

Blake: Well, Ruby, Yang... It's a pleasure to-

Weiss: What in the world is going on over here!? Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep!?

Yang and Weiss: Oh, not you again!

Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!

Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side.

I reach for the candle tired of everyone arguing as I'm trying to sleep.

Ruby: I was always on your side!

Yang: Yeah, what's your problem with my sister!? She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

I blow out the candle stopping their argument. Ugh, now that that's over I can get some sleep. Don't know when the last time I got some proper sleep was but I definitely need it.

Liberty: Hey Blake?

Blake: Yeah?

Liberty: Do you think we'll end up together for the next four years?

Blake: You mean as a team?

Liberty: Yeah.

Blake: I don't know Liberty. But something tells me that we're both going to make a difference here.

And that's the end, short I know but up nonetheless. Next week another chapter, see you all later.

* This symbol earlier was referencing another RWBY fan fiction called The Chronicle. Highly recommend you to read that story it is amazing.