JOLT Chapter 15: The Stray

Jace's P.O.V.

Opal and Terroni are playing a card game, goldfish I think it is, while Liberty and I are building a house of cards. We've got it to be 17 stacks high before I hear ranting down the hall.

Jace: Oh no.

Liberty: What's wrong.

As she's putting the last two cards on top the yelling knocks down all the cards onto the floor.

Jace: Dammit, we were almost done.

Terroni: What's going on?

Jace: The girls are fighting again. Listen closely.

Weiss: I don't understand why this is causing such a problem.

Blake: That 'is' the problem!

Weiss: You do realize you're defending an organization that hates humanity, don't you? The faunus of the White Fang are pure evil.

Blake: There's no such thing as "pure evil"! Why do you think they hate humanity so much? It's because of people like Cardin, people like 'you' that force the White Fang to take such drastic measures!

Weiss: People like me??

Blake: You're discriminatory!

Weiss: I'm a victim!

There's a pause as we listen to the girls down the hall.

Terroni: That escalated quite quickly.

Jace: They're not done yet.

Weiss: You want to know 'why' I despise the White Fang? Why I don't particularly trust the faunus? It's because they've been at war with my family for years. War. As in actual bloodshed. My grandfather's company has had a target painted across its back for as long as I can remember. And ever since I was a little child, I've watched family friends disappear, board members executed, an entire train car full of Dust... stolen.

Opal: Liberty, you jumped, are you okay?

Liberty: Yeah, I'm fine. Let's keep listening.

Weiss: And every day, my father would come home furious, and that made for a very difficult childhood.

Ruby: Weiss, I-

Weiss: No! You want to know why I despise the White Fang?! It's because they're a bunch of liars! Thieves! And murderers!

Blake: Well maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!!

All of team JOLT gasp at that, except for Liberty.

Jace: Liberty, you knew?

Liberty: You guys didn't?

There's silence in the room with the girls. Not a sound, until running footsteps are heard.

I peek out the door to see Blake dashing down the hallway.

Jace: Guys I'm-

Terroni: Go get her.

Jace: What?

Terroni: Go get her. Be the one she can talk to. She obviously trusts you.

Liberty: Don't worry captain, we'll make sure the rest of them don't bother you two.

Jace: Thanks guys.

And with that I run after Blake, hoping to catch up.

Timeskip

I catch up to Blake to see her standing in front of the statue outside of beacon. She looks beautiful with the dim moonlight, shining on her jet black hair. She reaches up to her bow and pulls the ribbon off. And Oum behold, cat ears, underneath of the bow she wore.

Jace: That whole time, you were a faunus.

Blake: Jace, I can explain.

She looks scared, I could see the fear in her eyes.

Jace: Why are you scared?

Blake: You're not going to ridicule me?

Jace: Why would I? Blake, you're my best friend. And I want to be more.

Blake: What?

Jace: Blake, let me take you out to a tea shop in Vale. We can catch up there.

Blake: Okay. Sounds fun.

Timeskip

Terroni's P.O.V.

We wake up in the morning and I look towards Jace's bed only to see him not there.

Terroni(In head): Looks like Jace still didn't make it back. You think he and Blake are okay?

Soprano: Of course they're okay, why wouldn't they be okay?

Terroni(In head): I don't know, people don't just disappear over night.

Soprano: I mean, they kinda do. You know to do some serious business. If you know what I mean.

Terroni(In head): Great now I have an image of Jace and Blake smashing in my head.

Soprano: You're welcome. Anyways, don't go looking for them, you might ruin the moment.

Terroni(In head) Dammit Soprano. Not first thing in the morning.

Soprano: So last thing at night, got it.

I grunt and roll out of bed, groggily making my way to the shower. I open the door and begin to wash off. Coming out of the bathroom I feel refreshed and ready for the day.

Ruby: HEY GUYS! I NEED YOUR HELP TO FIND BLAKE!!

Opal: Ruby, it's too early.

Ruby: But it's 8:30 in the morning.

Opal: Fine, give us some time to get ready.

Ruby: Got it.

She leaves the room and we continue to get ready to find both missing members of RWBY and JOLT.

Jace's P.O.V.

I took Blake to a nice tea shop towards the outskirts of Vale so our teammates couldn't find us. Instead of drinking tea I just sat there mesmerized by her beauty.

Blake: So.

I break out of my trance so I can hear what she is about to say.

Blake: You wanna know more about me.

Another chapter down and only one left to go for Volume 1, stay tuned for the next chapter.