JOLT Chapter 12: Juanedice Part 2

Terroni's P.O.V.

Liberty and I are in Professor Oobleck's class learning about the history of the faunus war. Juane has fallen asleep in the class.

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie.

He speeds through the classroom drinking his coffee as he goes around, hyper as can get.

Oobleck: Now! While this may seem like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!

He's still dashing around the room drinking his coffee.

Soprano: Damn, how much caffeine is in that cup of his, oh my Oum.

Terroni(In head): That's what I was trying to figure out Soprano.

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated  because of your Faunus heritage?

Faunus' around the room raise their hands, even Liberty. Which gets me thinking, who do I have to beat up to protect her.

Liberty: Terroni? You okay?

Terroni: Yeah, just fine.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!

He takes another sip from his coffee.

Terroni: Professor Oobleck, I don't think you should be drinking any more of that coffee.

Oobleck: Quiet you. Anyways, I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?

Weiss raises her hand confident in her answer.

Oobleck: Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

I look around the room to see Cardin flick a paper football and it hits Juane in the back of the head.

Juane: Hey!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Juane: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... of the Faunus... had over that guy's stuff

He looks around Oobleck to see Pyrrha making gestures with her hands and eyes, which everyone knows anyways that it's night vision.

Juane: Um, B-binoculars!

Soprano: Pffftt. What the hell did he just say? Oh my Oum what the fuck. Dammit Juane, you're better than this.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc. Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

I snap and punch him through the wall.

Terroni: Say that again you little shit!

Oobleck: Mr. Ragven, I am giving you detention for that. If you want to fight, fight in Glynda's class.

Terroni: Understood. Besides everyone knows the answer is night vision.

Oobleck: Well, since it is the first semester and you did answer the question correctly I'll take away your detention. Just this once.

The bell goes off.

Oobleck: Mr. Arc and Mr. Winchester please stay after class to do some additional readings.

We all walk out of the classroom to go where we have to go to next.

Liberty: Terroni, why did you snap at Cardin?

Terroni: You heard him, didn't you? He talked bad about the faunus.

Liberty: Why do you care about the faunus so much?

Terroni: It wasn't the majority of the faunus that I was protecting.

Liberty: What do you mean?

Terroni: What do you mean you don't know what that means?

Liberty: I don't understand what you're talking about.

Terroni(Soprano's voice): Oh for fuck's sake Liberty, Terroni is in love with you.

Liberty: Wh-What do you mean?

Terroni(Soprano's voice): Oum dammit Liberty. Listen to me you dense motherfucker. Terroni. Is. In. Love. With. You. There understand now?

Liberty: Um...

Terroni(Soprano's voice): FUCK! Liberty, quit being a dense bitch and fucking comprehend the words I just told you.

Liberty: I think I understand.

Terroni(Soprano's voice): Fucking finally. We're getting somewhere. Terroni have fun, oh and you're welcome.

Terroni: Um, hehe, hey Liberty.

Liberty: So, is all that true?

Terroni: Yes it is.

Liberty: Well, I guess I like you too.

Soprano: YES! THE SHIP HAS SAILED!!

Terroni: Time to go to the next class I guess.

Liberty: Yeah, wanna walk me there.

Terroni: Sure.

Soprano: FUCKING FINALLY. IT TOOK YOU TWO FOREVER.

Terroni: Soprano, quiet.

Soprano: You right, you right. Imma be over in the memory part of your brain. Whatever it's called. Peace.

As Soprano stops bugging me I begin to walk Liberty to her class. Walking down the hallway she grabs my hand and leans on my shoulder, or tries to at least since I'm a little taller than her. I could get used to this whole love thing Soprano keeps talking about.

A little romancy at the end but its gonna have a little bit more. Next week, another chapter.