JOLT Chapter 5: The First Step, Part 2

Third Person P.O.V.

As Beacon's freshman are launched into the air all the kids are performing their own landing strategies. Jace takes off his hat and pulls out a lasso and catches a branch and slowly rappels down a tree. Liberty uses her speed to land on the ground. Terroni... begins to... grow wings? All the kids land on the ground safely. Now for them to venture out and get partners and the relics.

Jace's P.O.V.

Landing was too easy, I'm glad I had my lasso with me. Hardly ever use that thing. I run through the forest hoping that I don't find that one kid. Who's he think I am, Toy Story Woody ass, what does that even mean?

???: Screech

I hear some grimm to my left and decide to check it out, who knows maybe I'll have some fun fighting grimm. I get there to see a fox faunus girl running back and forth slashing at a deathstalker. All of a sudden she gets hit and slides towards me. She looks up and our eyes meet, well I guess we're partners now.

???: Hey, um, little help. Eh-heh.

Jace: This is your fight, I refuse to help.

???: Hey, we're partners we're supposed to help each other. Where are you going?

Jace: To find a new partner.

I walk away only for a second deathstalker to get in my way.

Jace: Oh you've got to be kidding me?

The deathstalker claws at me but I back flip out of the way. I take out one of my revolvers and start firing at it. Only for it to block with its claws and swing at me again. I sidestep out of the way only to feel the other deathstalker claw me from the other direction, so I jump and land on the claw of the original deathstalker.

???: Hey, do you want some help?

Jace: No! I got this!

I take my other revolver and turn it into a sword and start slashing at the grimm's tail, it then falls off and I grab it and plunge it into its eyes and kill it. The second charges me only for me to slide under it and slice it's stomach and I fire a couple of rounds into it as well. I stand up to see the grimm is nearly dead so I take my sword turn it into a revolver and unload both guns into the deathstalker's eyes, killing it.

???: Wow, you're strong.

Jace: *sighs* Fine, I'll be your partner. Just don't get in my way.

???: Ok, I get it, you're hostile. I won't bother you.

We begin to walk towards the relic before she starts talking again.

???: My name's Liberty by the way, what's yours?

Jace: Vance, Jace Vance.

Liberty: Ooh, official, I like it.

Jace: Not here for a relationship, especially with a faunus. Let's just get the relic.

Liberty: Relax, you're not my type anyways.

A pack of beowolves start to surround us. I count at least twenty, I pull out my guns and ready myself.

Liberty: Hey, there's a lot of them, I'm helping.

Jace: You'll just get in the way.

Liberty: I can fight you know.

Jace: Oh, I'm sure you can. But I've got this.

I start unloading bullets into grimm and kill six instantaneously. Just for twelve more to emerge from the woods. This wasn't going to be easy.

Jace: On second thought, maybe you can help me.

Liberty: Thought so.

She then starts super speeding around in circles and slashes at the grimm killing them as she ran past. She was good, maybe she's not the worst partner.

Liberty: Now, they're gone. I think you owe me...

Jace: Sorry.

Liberty: Huh?

Jace: I underestimated your capabilities of being a huntress. And for that I am sorry.

Liberty: Apology accepted Jace. I feel like we're going to be good friends.

Jace: I'd like that. I could use a friend right about now.

Liberty: What's that mean.

Jace: That would be a topic to tell our entire team. Got a feeling you're just a partner, not an entire team.

Liberty: That would make sense.

Jace: Now, onto getting that relic.

That's it for this chapter, if you liked it vote or not. That's up to you. See you guys next week.