JOLT Chapter 13: Forever Fall

Liberty's P.O.V.

As I walk into the dorm I can hear the shower going off and wonder who's inside. Seeing as Terroni's in class, Jace is probably keeping to himself leaves Opal the only person left. I walk up to the door and knock on the door.

Opal: I'm in here.

Liberty: Just making sure it was you.

I go and get my stuff ready for a shower and begin to wait for Opal to get out. She exits the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.

Opal: All yours, I left you some hot water.

Liberty: Thanks Opal, the boys should be back at some point.

I walk into the shower and clean myself off. Letting the hot water hit my skin felt soo good. This day has been stressful, and tomorrow we get to go out to forever fall. Definitely not excited for that. I exit the shower and dry myself off, get changed and get ready for bed.

After getting settled in bed Jace and Terroni finally get back.

Opal: Where have you two been, it's almost 9 o'clock.

Terroni: Sorry, Professor Peach had a personal talk with each of the students and I just so happened to be last.

Liberty: And what about you Jace?

Jace: I wanted to be alone and train by myself.

Opal: We're not going to get stronger as a team if we don't spend time with each other. So Jace, you're not allowed to be alone anymore. Terroni, you have to let Soprano out more often so we can learn more about him.

Terroni: That's a bad idea. If Soprano gets too much time he'll do things I don't want to do.

Opal: I'm not saying give him full control, I'm saying let him out more.

Terroni: I can try, I guess.

Jace: How is this all going to help us get along?

Liberty: Shh, you hear that?

I hear a door close and Ruby start to talk.

Ruby: Hey Juane.

Juane: Guh!

Ruby: Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?

Juane: Oh uh, nope! Heh, got it!

Ruby: So, where have you been lately?

Juane: I uh... *sigh* I messed up. I did something that I shouldn't have and now Cardin's got me on a leash and Pyrrha won't even talk to me... *sigh* I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea.

We hear a thump and a slide, guessing that Juane leaned against the door and slide down to the floor.

Juane: I'm a failure.

Ruby: Nope.

Juane: Nope?

Ruby: Nope. You're a leader now Juane. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Juane: But, what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Ruby: Mmm... nope.

We hear Juane chuckle a little bit before continuing his talk with Ruby.

Juane: You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff.

Ruby: Nope! Juane, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid.

Juane sighs making a sliding noise sliding further down the door.

Ruby: And you might've even been a failure the first day we met.

Juane sighs again making another sliding noise sliding further down the door.

Ruby: But you can't be one now. You know why?

Juane: Uhhh, because-

Ruby: Because it's not just you anymore. You've got a team now, Juane. We both do. And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first, ...and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Juane. And I think that can be you. Have a good night Juane.

The door closes, guessing Ruby went back into her dorm. We begin to head back to bed but Jace stays by the door.

Liberty: Jace? They're going to bed, quit being a creep.

Instead he just grits his teeth in anger, clenching his fists together.

Jace: That bastard.

Liberty: Jace? You okay?

Jace: You didn't hear the last part.

Liberty: What?

Jace: Cardin called Juane, told him to grab a bunch of rapier wasps with big stingers. I can only guess what's going to happen.

Opal: He's going to use the sap at forever falls to lure the rapier wasps to whoever he wants, potentially getting any of us stung by them.

Jace: Exactly, way to go Opal.

Opal: Thanks.

Jace: Alright JOLT, listen up. Operation: Beat Cardin is a go.

Terroni(Soprano's Voice): Instead can we call it Operation: Cardin's a dick?

Jace: Good thinking Soprano. Alright JOLT, new plan. Operation: Cardin's a dick is a go.

Terroni(Soprano's Voice): Yes, something I said worked for once.

Jace: So here's what's going to happen.

After going over the plan for a solid 15 minutes we all finally go to sleep and get some rest. Thanks Cardin, you made my day interesting tomorrow.

The next day.

We're walking through forever fall with professor goodwitch going over our assignments.

Glynda: Yes students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peaches asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest. And I'm here to make sure that none of you die while doing so.

She stops suddenly and I can hear Juane begin to whistle, guessing he ran into somebody.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at four o'clock. Have fun!

The four of us go the opposite way of everyone else so we can follow through with the plan.

Jace: Alright JOLT, time to execute Cardin's a dick. Everyone to your stations.

While heading to my lookout point I see CRDL and Juane peering over a ledge looking at the others. I see Juane stand up and is handed a jar of the red sap, he then takes aim at Pyrrha. After second guessing he throws it at Cardin.

Liberty: Jace, change of plans.

Jace: What happened?

Liberty: Cardin's gonna kill Juane.

Cliff hanger, if you've never seen RWBY that is.