CHOOSE - PATTON

(I know the window is showing day time- just ignore that)

--------------------

"So- Y/n.. I bet you're wondering at least a little bit on why you're here.." Patton shifted his feet side to side "Your father had encouraged me to invite you here so that you could also find a suitor for your kingdom, just as all of my sons are finding a suitor for mine." Patton bit on his thumb.

My heart ached and I knew in this moment that I had fallen for the king of Crofters kingdom, I didn't know how exactly as we have barely spoken but the way he is acting as of now is so intensely captivating.

"I see. But all these people here.. All seem to be really formal and uptight-" I chuckle to myself "Maybe you should try conversing with the other guests? You might find someone nice." Logan suggested and I decided to take it.

I walked away from their little group and headed towards another group standing near the entrance "Greetings, I am Y/n L/n of Kraters Empire." I bow to them and they all bow back "Well met, I am Talyn." I smile at them "I'm non-binary" Talyn mentions "As am I" The person who took me to the entrance came back again.

"You guys seem nice, is everyone here actually so uptight?" I whisper to them and they both nod their heads "Yeah, but there is still some cool people if you know where to look. Like- Here! Me, Joan, Camden, and - Oh! Have you met Thomas?" Talyn asked me and I shook my head "Here he is, he's an entertainer!" Joan pushed someone into my view.

"Oh- Hey! I'm Thomas, have you spoken with the King yet?" I nod my head "His son, Logan, told me to speak with other people here." I mumble "I see. I was only asking since it looks like the king wants to speak with you, see?" Thomas pointed over to Patton who was staring over at me with a sultry gaze.

I wave over to Patton and he then waves me over to him "Let's stay in touch, you guys seem really cool!" I leave their little group and I head back over to Patton. "Did you wanna speak with me again?" I ask and he nods his head.

"I just wanted to ask where your crown is? It wasn't in my best interests to ask before but seeing as it's nearing towards the formal dance, I must." Patton's face flushed embarrassingly. "oh, apologies. I don't normally wear my crown, even in formal settings, as I don't like drawing attention to myself being royalty." I rub the back of my neck sheepishly. 

"Oh, Okay, I understand. Would you be able to wear it however for the Royal Dinner?" Patton asks me while fidgeting with his hands "Of course, who's gonna be at the Royal Dinner?" I question. Patton answered in a quiet voice "Me and you" I smile "Oh, just us?" I asked teasingly.

"IfyoufeeluncomfortablewithitjustbeingusthenIcaninvitemorepeople!" I have Patton slow down with his words, still kinda shaking though with embarrassment "If you feel uncomfortable with it just being us then I can invite more people!" He says and I shake my head "No, I'm fine with it being just us." Patton releases a heavy breath.

"So, why just us?" I smirk at him "Oh- I-I would like to get to know the next queen in line for Kraters Empire-" I nod my head "Right." I chuckle and Patton blushes again. "Please don't feel uncomfortable!" Patton covers his face "I'm okay! Are you alright?" I ask him "Yes! I'm fine!" He stands up completely straight.

I stiffened when I heard the voice of Roman announcing to everyone that the dance was about to start "Um- Y/n, would you care for a dance? Only because it'd be necessary for you to know how to dance for when you host your wedding!" Patton held a hand out to me "I'd love to dance with you" I grasp onto his hand.

Patton smiles at me lovingly and I can feel myself melt in his embrace "You're so cute" I let myself say to the man in my arms, his breath hitches but relaxes again "I-! U-Thanks" I didn't mean to say what I did but he took it nicely. "You're cute too" He tells me and I'm melting once again.

"Y/n, I must confess!" Patton was speaking with me whilst waltzing. "I actually really find you- amusing!- and attractive- and kind- and there's so many things about you that make you so alluring and makes me want to know more about you-" Patton cried "I didn't know you felt this way, but I'm glad you do. I like you too." Patton tightened his grip around me and bought me closer.

"When's dinner?" I ask him "Well, I do feel a bit hungry now.." He admits "Then let's go." I grab onto his hand and he takes me somewhere. My sneakers scratch along the wooden floor while going across the castle, Patton takes me up another set of stairs.

I get up the stairs and am suddenly met with a beautiful sight. "Is this your room?" Patton laughs at me "This is my entire floor in this castle, no one else but who I permit, is allowed to even look at this. I'm allowing you to." He tells me, I smile happily.

"Can I gift you with this?" Patton hands me a small box and I open it delicately, In my sight I see a bright red light. I gasp in amazement "They were crafted in Crofters kingdom in the 1600s, real bixbite, or 'Red Beryl'." It was a pair of expensive earrings, looking much like the ones that my mother had.

I put the earrings on and slipped on my crown. I twirled and curtsied to King Patton "How do I look?" I ask him and he smiles at me "Beautiful... I- ugh- May I kiss you?" I lean in close to him and before our lips touch I say "You're gonna have to get me that dinner first." We both laugh.

"I'm just joking." I tease and then move swiftly to peck Patton on the lips.