CHOOSE - VIRGIL

I knew right from the start that I would be crushing on him, not like I really wanted to- It was more of I just gradually fell into my crush on him, and even though there was a chance of him liking me, I wasn't sure what to do.

Me and Virgil were speaking to each other about how beautiful storms really are "Lightning can be scary sometimes to some people- but to me- it's just so gorgeous. The light on the lightning is so hypnotic" I awe over lightning.

"I agree! Rain is also pure bliss, the feeling on it on my skin and the nice atmosphere it gives to the world. Most people think of it as gloomy and sad but I think of it as a type of- free sort of thing?" I nod my head as I listen to him speak.

"and I-" Virgil was cut off when Patton head to mention something to me, he apologized to Virgil for interrupting him and was forgiven instantly ""So- Y/n.. I bet you're wondering at least a little bit on why you're here.." Patton shifted his feet side to side "Your father had encouraged me to invite you here so that you could also find a suitor for your kingdom, just as all of my sons are finding a suitor for mine." Patton bit on his thumb. "oh, I see.."

I didn't want to talk to anyone else, I didn't feel comfortable with it, I wasn't happy with it. I was only so confident with talking to them seeing as they were the hosts. "So-" I tried to get Virgil's conversation topic back up but was stopped when this ignorant woman came over and started being prissy.

"Hi, I'm Deah. Pronounced as dee-ah-ee." She twirled her curly chocolate hair through her fingers "Oh- h- hi" She smiled at Virgil "aw, he's shy" she licked her lips "You're making him uncomfortable." I step in for him, I don't think he'd want this. "Who are you to be speaking to me like that?" She snapped in my face "I'm Deah Watson, Duchess of Lialiee Dynasty. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" she got close to me.

I towered over her "Y/n L/n, Princess and soon to be queen of Kraters Empire, ruling kingdom over 19 centuries and reining over 3 states, who the FUCK are you?" I shift and make a quick move to scare her off, it works. Deah is now gone.

"Virgil?" I saw the little boy sitting outside in the rain, I followed to where he was sitting outside and I took a seat next to him "Are you okay?" I asked him and he didn't respond "I'm sorry" I say "what do you mean?" Virgil asks me "I made a scene with her in the castle.." I apologize "Yeah- and you saved me from her.. Are you okay?" he asks me and places a hand on my cheek.

My face burns from his touch, glowing bright red. "She didn't hurt you?" I giggled a bit "She has nothing on me. She got scared and ran off." Virgil smiles at me very relieved "It looks so beautiful out here.." I say as I begin to get a bit drowsy.

"Do you wanna go for a walk? I wanna talk to you.." Virgil questions and I happily accept. I hold a hand out to Virgil and he takes it, hopping up. Virgil doesn't let go of my hand- which I'm fine with- and we both walk together.

I start to shiver a bit and when Virgil notices this, he lets go of my hand and gives me his cloak 'it looks a lot like his jacket but it's not, it's just the style he goes for with his clothes'. I smile warmly at the gesture, I also blush furiously "Thanks, Virgil." Virgil's cheeks glow pink, barely visible in the rain.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I ask him and Virgil stops walking, we both stand in the pouring rain. "Um.. Our kingdoms.. What would I do if I were to rule? I'm not the most social or the smartest type of person-" Virgil explains his problem to me and I embrace him in a hug.

Virgil stiffens up as I wrap my arms around him but eventually relaxes into it "can we stay like this for a while?" he asks me and I nod "just let me know when you want me gone" I joke around. "But seriously- Every person is their own person. You don't have to be social and you don't have to be incredibly smart." I try to reason with him and it seems to work.

Virgil is not as tense as before "Also- How am I meant to find a bride? Dad expects so much from us and I really wanna make him happy but it's so hard when he puts me in these situations.." Virgil shakes his head vigorously and I don't stop holding on to him.

"And I mean- even if I do find someone who likes me back- who's to say that they won't stop liking me? Or that they aren't just using me?" Virgil keeps talking about his concerns and I keep on trying to help as best I can when I - in some way- have the same problems.

"Life is not exactly a script, it is unexpected and there is nothing you can do about it. The best you can do is just let what happens happen, and with the mistakes you can always try again." I don't love my choice of words, they seem very hectic, but they still seemed to soothe Virgil "If there's something that you want then go for it." I shrug and Virgil smiles.

Virgil pulls away from my hug "Thanks, I really needed that advice- and with that advice- it's fine if you say no!! I- uh- o- um- I like you." Virgil confesses to me "Really?" I ask for reassurance, he nods his head "I like you too.." Virgil and I are both happy in this moment, we are both so so happy. Virgil hesitates at first but then quickly gives me a quick peck on the lips.