[Chapter 14]

*3rd person*

Colby stares at the ground and wonders what just happened... Layla's evil? She can't be. That couldn't of been the sweet, kind, and amazing  girl he had met only a few weeks ago. So he stands there and wonders... who was that girl?
"Colby what just happened?" Corey asks, just as confused as he was. "I---- I don't know" I simply reply, still looking at the sticks and stones that filled the ground.
"That wasn't Layla... That couldn't of been?" Tara states, and he agrees with her.
"Its my fault" he close his eyes "if I hadn't pushed her to tell me what's wrong she wouldn't have run away." I sigh
"Colby we all didnt t know what was going on with her. She could have been going through a bad stage in her life and we all! Wouldn't have known because she didn't want to speak. So this is on all of us, not just you" Sam says, trying to comfort his Best Friend.
"But it was more my fault than yall"s"  He yell slightly, getting frustrated looking back at sam with a glare. He sighed "i'm sorry. I just feel... useless knowing I can't help her"
"Who says you can't?" Corey says, as he raises his eyebrows.
"Me, look I did a psychic imprint on her in there and I saw a block" I explain, they each had confused looks. I sigh "a block is when their thoughts are blocked off from their own body. She's being controlled. She only knows what parts of her are doing. But, she can still make her own mental! Choices" I say looking up at the starry sky and back to them.
"Well maybe David filled her head with bad thoughts or lies. Maybe she feels like she has! to do what she's doing" Dev says.
"Maybe... but even then! How could I or We? Help her" I ask.
"Maybe I can help with that," Sam says as he pulls a little journal from his hoodie pocket. "What's that?" walking over to him. "Well after we found out that Layla was a nightwing I decided to do some research." "What did you find?" "Well apparently when someone is being controlled they have to be in the presence of said person for more than 8 hours. If not the effect where's off." He explains.
"But how would we even get her to go with us? And if we tried to 'kidnap' her she could get out of it easily. We can't compete with a Nightwing!?" Jake says, and I agree
"Well what if... we get help?" Dev asks. "Who would help us?" I ask.

we hear a low growl coming from behind us and we all quickly turn around. A night wing.
It stops in its tracks and sits down, we all just stare at it, waiting for a reaction.
It's engulfed in a smoke and when it fades we see a girl.
"I'll help" she says quietly.
"Yeah uh we don't want your help. We can't trust you" I said sternly'' ''Look I get it. I'm a Nightwing, our kinds don't have the best history, but trust me the last thing I want is a war." She says "I'm Liza" she raises her hand for me to shake... I don't.
She nods and puts it back down "ok"

"Why do you want to help us?" Sam asks.
"David has a different plan for Layla. He didn't find her because we needed a queen. He found her because his heart, is filled with hatred for her." She says "he plans on using her to take her powers, since she is the first born she has more power than him, power that she doesn't even know she has. Once he's obtained that power he's gonna kill her. I know it's weird but I don't want that, I never agreed with what our kind has done in The past. I'd rather stay in that cave for the rest of my life then see people get hurt"
I'm in awe. A Nightwing? Is nice? Could I even trust her?
I'm gonna do a psychic imprint on her, it's the only way I could be sure.
I turn and look into her eyes, I could tell she was scared I was gonna attack her.
"Don't worry he's not gonna attack" Corey reassures her.
Though she believes him, she still has a fearfully look.

"Im only trying to help, I can't let David succeed in his plan"

She's telling the truth.

Colby turns back and looks her dead in the eyes. Searching for the tinyest bit of a lie. she looks back at him, full fear.

he sigh "your good" she breaths a sigh of relief. "Thank you for not murdering me" she chuckles. he nod.

"ok so, do you have a plan?" Sam asks her. she thinks for a second, before looking to Colby "maybe if I could get her to trust me, I could get her out of the cave before she reaches her full potential of power. if she gets to that stage all hope is lost" 'I can't let that happen' Colby thought "ok... but promise me one thing" she looks at me "If David tries anything, stop him" I tell her, she nods before turning back into a nightwing. I give her a 'good luck' look before she turns to smoke and disappears.

"Are you sure we can trust her?" Tara asks, making Colby turn around to face them, he sighs "I don't know, but right now she's our only hope at saving Layla" I say "and I'm not risking that"

"you really like her... don't you" sam says.

I blush slightly and nod. he chuckles and put his hand on my shoulder "finally! I was getting worried I was gonna have to set you up on a blind date" he jokes making me laugh.

"yeah and even then! I wouldn't have gone"

*Layla's Pov*

TO DO LIST:

1.Figure out Liza

2.Learn to be a ruler(with help of David)

3.Find out who the blue haired boy is...