[Chapter 16]

Liza dropped me off at the Music Department aka MD, so that I could go to my meeting. I know it's weird that it's at 10:00pm at night but if it was during the day, there would literally! Be a crowd of people surrounding me. And since I didn't have security tonight, I was on my own. But I made if there safely.
"Ok I'll only be like.. maybe 30 min" I tell her , she smiles and nods "take all! The time you need" I smile once more before closing the car door and walking towards the building.
I feel the strong sense that someone is watching me, but choose to ignore it.
I make it to the meeting room where my manager was waiting, greatttttt I love! Meeting {note the sarcasm}

*Liza's Pov*
As I'm sitting and waiting for Layla I get a call,
Colby🐺

(Answer) (decline)

I click answer

"Hello?"
"Hi Colby!"
"Hey how things going? Have you had a chance to talk to her?"
"Actually she is at a meeting for her music right now. I figured maybe if I helped her out she would trust me"
"That's great!"
"Uh Huh! Oh! And I have a plan for y'all to "meet" her. I told her I had some friends I wanted her to meet ,aka y'all, and when y'all meet we can tranq her or something to give us enough time for the connection to wear off"
"That could work!"
"I know! I can't wait"
"Yeah me to..."
"What's wrong? You seem less.. hopeful all of a sudden?"
"I guess I just feel weird, I mean she's one of my best fiends and she didn't remember me. Just hurt me I guess"
"Aw well don't worry, you'll have her back soon"
"I know. and I can't wait"

Oh no! Layla's coming back

"Layla's coming back I got to go!"
"Ok keep me updated! Bye!"

I hang up the phone just as Layla enters the car with a BIG smile on her face.
"What happened!?" I asked excitingly
"THEY APPROVED THE SONG!! AND IM GOING ON TOUR IN A FEW WEEKS!!!! SINCE I FINISHED MY ALBUM!" she yelled excitingly. "OMG THATS AMAZING!" I yell back.
She squeals "I KNOW! ... hey thanks again for taking me. Your probably the reason this all happens" I smile "no problem. It's what friends are for"

*Laylas pov*
Omg... this is huge... IM GOING ON FREAKING TOUR!
I need to spread the news!

"did you tag me!?" she says staring at her phone, i laugh "yes! now pay attention to the road!" I laugh even harder

"did you tag me!?" she says staring at her phone, i laugh "yes! now pay attention to the road!" I laugh even harder. "thanks" "its the least i could do, you've helped me so much tonight!" "oh please, I'm just your uber driver" she jokes making me laugh "no your my friend! and I owed you." "you owe me nothing, like you said.. I'm your friend" I  smile once more and turn back towards the road.
Figuring out Liza, mission complete✅

—————

We arrived back at the cave and she teleported us back in. "Wait!" She yells before whooshing is back to the car "you need to do it. Consider it your first lesson in the mind" she says smiling "ok... ummm how do I do it?" I ask "just focus on where you want to go most. And imagine yourself.. well US! just popping there. Trust me it'll work"  she says
I nod
Where I want to go most....
*Pop!* *pop*
I open my eyes... where am I?
I'm at an apartment... buuuut I don't recognize it. Wait.. ITS MINE!

I turn and see Liza next to me... just as confused as me.
I hear a cup fall and shudder behind us, making us turn around quickly.
It's the red haired guy
I send him a glare
He starts "Uhh... hi-"

(An: SORRY ITS KINDA SHORT!!! I thought that would be the best cliffhanger... so I just ended it there.. don't worry imma post again tmr🙌🏻)