[Chapter 46]

We were lead to a tent to see Layla and Liza sitting in a cave much like the one we were all in, just smaller. Layla was still passed out but Liza was holding her, stroking her hair.
"Our tribe elder, isadora, gifted the power of judgment, will decide your friends fate" Katani says "but for now y'all may see them. The judgement will begin at dawn"  before she could leave the tent I called after her "wait! I want the antidote for the poison" I demand.
She nodded "very well, I'll have our healer come in just a moment" and then she walked out.
I immediately ran to The cages side "Liza is Layla okay?" I ask worryingly.
"She's been sleeping. But her rash seems to be getting worse" she sighed.
"Then lets fix that shall we?" We hear from behind us. I young girl, maybe 16? Walked into the tent and towards the cage. She grabbed a club hidden away behind a rock and smashed the cage, just as Katani did with ours.
"Okay! My names Lilliana and I guess I'm here to heal a poison wound?" She asks.
I nod "yes. On my girlfriend" I say gesturing tomorrow Layla. I raced to her and took her from Liza's hands, resting her head on my lap, exposing her torso where the wound and rash were.
"Okay" she reached into her bag and pulled out a small bottle with liquid inside. Then she grabbed a cloth and walked over. "Okay she's gonna have to be awake for this" she told
us.
I nodded, lightly shaking Layla awake "you have to stay awake for this to work okay?" I ask her. She slowly nods.
"Okay Layla? I think it was? I need to you bite down on this cloth cause it's gonna burn pretty bad okay?" Layla nodded and slowly grabbed the cloth from Lilliana and not down into it.
As Lillian slowly poured the liquid onto the wound Layla let out a muffled scream, sweat falling down her forehead.
"Shh your doing great baby keep it up" I whispered into her ear. She continued to scream until Lilliana had fully emptied the bottle.
"Okay now that that's done I'm just gonna wrap up the cut and she should be fine in a few hours. In the mean time Katani asked me to show y'all where y'all will be staying for the night" she said. She took out a green lace from her bag and wrapped up the cut, putting some mud over it. "What's the mud for?" I ask. "It has healing properties, keeps it clean and secure till it's completely healed"
I nodded as she began to put all of her things away and cleaned up the area.
"Follow me" she says as she walks out of the tent. I carefully help Layla up and we all follow her outside towards a clearing of large tree's. Among the tree's were hammock's. 9 to be exact. "Y'all will be sleeping here, breakfasts is at dawn, and the trial is at 10. Now if you excuse me, my girlfriend is waiting for me" and with that she walked off. Carefully I laid
Layla down on one of the hammocks and allowed her to sleep some more. Her wound was already getting better, which made me wonder. If this poison can hurt a nightwing the much, can it hurt David as well? Maybe even Cole? I should ask about it tomorrow.
"Well I guess we get some sleep tonight, rest up for tomorrow?" I question my own words. They all agree and climb into their new beds for the night, trying to get as comfy as they could.
I just leaned against a tree and stared out to the fire in the near distance, listening as music played from drum's and singing.
I ended up not sleeping that night, I just stayed awake. Watching over my friends. Especially Layla, I know this tribe has something against her kind and I'm not taking any risks.
I'll sleep when I know she, Liza, and everyone else are safe. Just not now.. not here.