[Chapter 48]

The elder approached Liza and circled her, eyes staying closed the entire time. Blind? I'm guessing.
She maybe circled her like 5 times before walking back over to her seat and crouching down, drawing a circle with her nose in the dirt. I look at Katani in confusion, as does Liza, she smiles and nods "Liza has a good heart.. not meant to hurt anyone" she mind linked with everyone. Kinda like what Colby does.
Liza sighed in relief. Until the elder stood back and and walked towards me. I stood my ground I dared not to flinch or move my body in anyway. My wings stiffened as my fear heightened, and my tail stopped wagging and stood still.
She again circled me 5 times before returning to her spot and crouching down. A line and a circle. That's what she drew.
My hart pretty much stopped. What does it mean? Is it good? Bad? No one spoke. No one moved. It just went silent.
I finally turn my head towards Katani and she thought for a memory before mind linking. "She says you are dangerous. Meant to be a killer and a bringer of death. It's in you, but it can't get out. She says right now your not a threat." And just like that it was over.
I slowly nodded and walked out of the tent, everyone else behind me. My mid was blank. Trying to process what she had said. Instead of turning back to my human form I stayed the way I was, Using my teeth and biting the rope off of my wings letting my wings spread wide as the wind flew through them.
I looked back to see Colby giving me a sympathetic look. I slowly looked away and took flight, going who knows where..

*Colbys pov*

I watched as Layla took flight and flew away from camp. Though I was worried about her, I knew it'd be best if she had some time to think for herself. She's always scared of becoming like her dad, or David, or anyone is her heritage. She's scared of hurting people. And that's what confuses me? If she is meant to be what she fears than why is she fearing it? I think she's a good person, no matter where she came from.
"Should we go after her?" Sam asks. I shake my head "no.. she needs some time to herself." They all nod in agreement and make their way back to the logs we sat at for breakfast.
"So what now?" I ask myself. "Now, y'all may leave. Y'all have no business here and since we have no need to kill any of your friends y'all are not needed here" Katani speaks as she walked out of the tent. We all look at her but I was the only one to speak "can I have a vile of the poison you used on Layla?" I ask.
"Why?" She asks. "We have a Nightwing pest problem, aka Layla brother, and we need a way to get rid of him" I explain "I thought maybe y'all can help us out?"
She thought for a moment "very well, y'all may return to ya'll's camp and I'll have Lilliana bring a vile to y'all" she tells us.
We all stand up and I give Sam a look, he understood but just before he could do what I asked I looked back at Katani "Thank you"
She nodded and suddenly we were back at camp. Thanks Sam
"So I guess we pack up?" Kat says. I nod "yeah I guess so"
We all pack up all of our things and stuff them in the van, making sure we don't leave anything behind.
"Heard y'all needed this?" Lilliana say's from behind me as I stuffed a sleeping bag into the trunk. I turn around and she drops a small vile in my hand.
"The poison has to touch blood, it won't work if he swallows it" she says sternly. I slowly nod "okay, Thanks Lilliana"
She nodded and began to walk away.
"WAIT!" She turns around "what's y'all's powers?"
She smiled "stealth" she ran into the darkness, not a footstep  heard, not even a crunching of leaves. She disappeared into the shadows.
"Cool" I sigh
"Hey" Layla land on the ground in her hybrid form, immediately I stuff the vile in my back pocket. I smile "hey.. you okay?"
She shrugs "I will... I just need answers. So imma go talk to Liza" and she walked away. Okay?
We finished up packing and all jumped in the van, Layla sitting with Liza and the girl in the back of the van and me and the guys up front, Sam driving.
I wonder if she was in such a hurry to talk to Liza? I feel like there's something she's not telling me.
And that stuck with me all the way home. It's all I thought about. Sam and the guys asked if I was okay and I always responded with "just thinking" and I wasn't lying. I was. Thinking.
Finally we made it home and unloaded the van and went our separate ways.
Me and Layla went to our room and began to unpack. It was awful silent and I hated the awkwardness. So I did what I do best. Cause trouble.
I toss a pair of socks at Layla when she was facing away from me. She looked to me and glared "really? You wanna play that game?" She threatened.
I smirk "yeah"
She turned her body to face me and with a lift of her finger, all the cloths that were in the suitcase she was holding were floating in the air. My face dropped just as she shot them at me, causing me to fall to the ground buried in cloths.
I stick my head out and frown "thats cheatingggg" she laughed and helped me up and sat me down on the bed.
"Other than all the drama, did you enjoy the trip?" She asks me. I look down to my pocket that held the vile and looked back up to her "yeah I did. You were right, it really cleared some things up for me" she smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead.
We ended up laying there for awhile until Layla fell asleep, then I tucked her in and went down to the living room.
Everyone was still up and playing rocket league on the TV. I waked over, shut it off, and stood in front of it.
"We need a plan.." I take the vile out of my pocket and hold it in front of me. everyone's face went serious

"but Layla cannot know-"